4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But didn't the H2 use the 4L65 until 06? I know the 1500 HD came with the 4L80. The H2 was all sorts of mixed up, haha.

Wow, I didn't know they did a 4l65 what a POS lol. The H2s are so strange, I can't stand their interior but some options came with 4.56 gears and lockers which is pretty nice.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this might be the route i will go........unless someone else wants to be the 99-13 guinea pig???

Fjs0001

Reaction score
Be careful ordering from gmpartsdirect.com aka Flow Chevrolet. Their shipping is extremely slow and they'll sell you parts even if they don't have them, making you wait months for your parts. They'll charge you a 35% cancelation fee if you try to cancel the order.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be careful ordering from gmpartsdirect.com aka Flow Chevrolet. Their shipping is extremely slow and they'll sell you parts even if they don't have them, making you wait months for your parts. They'll charge you a 35% cancelation fee if you try to cancel the order.
I have not ordered from them in ages; back in the day they were real good.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this might be the route i will go........unless someone else wants to be the 99-13 guinea pig???

What's the total cost of that swap? Looking at Gmparts it looks like it would be well north of 1k unless I'm looking at the wrong stuff.
Thanks for the warning I hate websites like that! I use their parts lookup a ton but don't think I've ever ordered from them, usually just google the part number when I find it and find the cheapest option.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd more then likely play the waiting game on the rear upgrade IE the calipers.......theres no shortage of wrecked C7s out there. Worst case I will save some pennies up to get some new calipers.

The parts list is not to deep:
This kit requires-

• Both rear C7 Corvette non-Z51 calipers (CTS-V, C6 ZR1, and other calipers will not work)
  • C7 Corvette base Rear Brake Pads
  • C7 Corvette base Rear Brake Pad Hardware kit
  • 2014-18 GM Truck/SUV factory rear rotors
  • 2014-18 GM Truck/SUV factory Brake lines and banjo bolts

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd more then likely play the waiting game on the rear upgrade IE the calipers.......theres no shortage of wrecked C7s out there. Worst case I will save some pennies up to get some new calipers.

The parts list is not to deep:
This kit requires-

• Both rear C7 Corvette non-Z51 calipers (CTS-V, C6 ZR1, and other calipers will not work)
  • C7 Corvette base Rear Brake Pads
  • C7 Corvette base Rear Brake Pad Hardware kit
  • 2014-18 GM Truck/SUV factory rear rotors
  • 2014-18 GM Truck/SUV factory Brake lines and banjo bolts
I guess not needing the vette rotors saves a bit, I'm gonna see if I can find some used calipers now.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my case with a '10 the rotors are the same size as the 15-20 SUVs. Only thing left to confirm is the brake lines (90% sure my '10 lines will work)

So I will just need calipers, pads & hardware and the adaptor brackets.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just gotta take that Corvette logo off the calipers unless it doesn't bother you. That always drives me crazy. My neighbor has a couple vehicles like an S10 with Corvette center caps. But then he's that guy who puts fake SS badges and big white PROXES stickers on his tires. He's got some nice vehicles but then he does stuff like that. And he just bought an SSr that he thinks is cool. The first thing he did was put some big white Goodyear Eagle letters on the tires. I digress. :nolol:

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just gotta take that Corvette logo off the calipers unless it doesn't bother you. That always drives me crazy. My neighbor has a couple vehicles like an S10 with Corvette center caps. But then he's that guy who puts fake SS badges and big white PROXES stickers on his tires. He's got some nice vehicles but then he does stuff like that. And he just bought an SSr that he thinks is cool. The first thing he did was put some big white Goodyear Eagle letters on the tires. I digress. :nolol:
Doesn't really bother me being it's a GM product. I might get them powder coated another color.

I just wanna stop fast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts