4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw ONE picture installed......I expected more pictures....sorry.
I saw many more of the road.....LOL.
And yes your calipers are very pretty.

And yes they stop much better than stock. Its not linear like the stock brakes either.
The harder I push, the braking force seems to accelerate.
I like em.....still no issues
About 1500 miles.

Sorry I thought maybe you got lost, legit my phone does this endless scroll thing and I miss stuff in threads.

Anyway i guess I dint know what else I'd take a pic of, the calipers look sexy but they really only look cool from the face. The mounting and all is the same and the spacing with the washers is pretty self explanatory.

I did take them apart again to inspect the pads and rotors which look fantastic. It's very important to do a proper break in and get everything embedded together. Red loctite is a biotch to break free when it's only a week old lol.

I agree with the non linear thing. They do feel better and better the harder you push. I'm glad they aren't crazy sensitive though. I will say it's almost difficult to bring myself to fully apply the brake knowing how violent they stop. On one of my test passes I had my laptop hooked up in the passenger seat and it ended up nearly behind the AC stuff under the dash. Thank God it didn't break again.

Here's the only other picture I have that I haven't posted.

20210522_144343.jpg

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought maybe you got lost, legit my phone does this endless scroll thing and I miss stuff in threads.

Anyway i guess I dint know what else I'd take a pic of, the calipers look sexy but they really only look cool from the face. The mounting and all is the same and the spacing with the washers is pretty self explanatory.

I did take them apart again to inspect the pads and rotors which look fantastic. It's very important to do a proper break in and get everything embedded together. Red loctite is a biotch to break free when it's only a week old lol.

I agree with the non linear thing. They do feel better and better the harder you push. I'm glad they aren't crazy sensitive though. I will say it's almost difficult to bring myself to fully apply the brake knowing how violent they stop. On one of my test passes I had my laptop hooked up in the passenger seat and it ended up nearly behind the AC stuff under the dash. Thank God it didn't break again.

View attachment 280738

Very Nice....
I love a sharp looking wheel well!

I didn't get lost.
Been working on a house project. BTW, the cost of building materials has jumped crazy!
And been looking for a 2WD for the LT1 project. The cost of Tahoes has jumped as well.
and....been slowly, begrudgingly installing the LQ9 in the current Hoe

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 280738
What's up with that strut setup up front?? Looks like a coilover setup. How does it ride compared to stock?? Link to parts?

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump....
I think there are still one or two who bought the kit but have yet to install or post pics of installation.
Get inspired!

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new brakes installed today. Took a few miles to break in the AC Delco pads on the coated Duralast rotors. But once they set, they worked great. I did several mixed speed stops and threw in three or four panic stops to break the pads in and the feel got better and better.

Added the Stoptech braided lines, too. Much firmer pedal and everything feels sturdy and smooth so far.
I used regular flat washers to space the calipers evenly over the rotors. The washers didn't have the exact thickness I wanted to make it 100% even, but I will correct that asap. I'll let everyone know the size.

Overall, this was super simple for me on my 2010 Z71 and I highly recommend the upgrade. Just get the right parts, don't use anything beyond a single washer per bolt for spacing the calipers, and bleed the brakes very very thoroughly. I can't emphasize the last one enough.

All I did for this to work on my specific Tahoe was replace the calipers, pads, brake hoses, four washers total for the calipers, and I went with replica Trail Boss wheels. Research the factory offset of those wheels and spoke clearance to determine what wheels you can use, but I wouldn't get into the business of using wheel spacers. Pet peeve of mine and I think those things are dangerous, but thats just me. Buy the right wheels or don't do this uograde until you can afford to buy the right wheels. Anyhow, good luck and give a shot. It's worth it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sorry this was a while back, but no new rotors for it? Im creeping up on 90K which means brakes are going to need to be done soon. Might as well do this while I have it apart.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry this was a while back, but no new rotors for it? Im creeping up on 90K which means brakes are going to need to be done soon. Might as well do this while I have it apart.
I don't know what year you have, but for 2001-06 and I think beyond?, you'll need 2019+ silverado rotors, OEM or aftermarket.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what year you have, but for 2001-06 and I think beyond?, you'll need 2019+ silverado rotors, OEM or aftermarket.
Cool thanks. I have a 14. I have read mixed things about if the NNBS actually need new rotors since they are pretty close in side. I feel like somewhere i read they need a 12-13" rotor. I will have to look into it more

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 280738
MY EYES!!!! I CANT SEE!:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec