4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a week of break in I have finished my science and shit test of the T1 brakes. The test is as before 3 "pedal to the floor and hold" stops from 55mph back to back.

First stop was at 68 steps which is 9 better than the previous best and 18 better than the previous first stop!

Second test was 64.5 steps which is 15.5 steps better than the previous second test and 12.5 better than the NBS best

Finally the third hit in between those at 66.5 steps.

I will also have to add it rained all day yesterday and the road is not 100% dry or as hot as the previous test.

Take all this info as you wish but I feel confident in concluding that the T1 brake upgrade is at a minimum 10% reduction of braking distance compared to NBS power stop brakes. Likely closer to 15%-20% if the conditions were replicated perfectly.

Also I will add that they do hit hard! A bromigo was riding with me during the week andtold me to mash them to feel the difference and he was genuine impressed.

20210530_122355.jpg

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ You got them to powdercoating faster then the shipping process LOL

Looks killer homie and glad to see they perform as well as they look.

Still deciding what I will do with my truck. I have pushed all mods off til next spring, just maintenance for now.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ You got them to powdercoating faster then the shipping process LOL

Looks killer homie and glad to see they perform as well as they look.

Still deciding what I will do with my truck. I have pushed all mods off til next spring, just maintenance for now.

Thank man! Yeah my powder dude had them done in less than 24 hours. Hes been pretty slow lately since all the Biden bux dried up and not every has the drip no mo.

After this final exhaust setup I'm hopefully done with this thing and on to my regular cab. I miss fast stuff and blowers.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a week of break in I have finished my science and shit test of the T1 brakes. The test is as before 3 "pedal to the floor and hold" stops from 55mph back to back.

First stop was at 68 steps which is 9 better than the previous best and 18 better than the previous first stop!

Second test was 64.5 steps which is 15.5 steps better than the previous second test and 12.5 better than the NBS best

Finally the third hit in between those at 66.5 steps.

I will also have to add it rained all day yesterday and the road is not 100% dry or as hot as the previous test.

Take all this info as you wish but I feel confident in concluding that the T1 brake upgrade is at a minimum 10% reduction of braking distance compared to NBS power stop brakes. Likely closer to 15%-20% if the conditions were replicated perfectly.

Also I will add that they do hit hard! A bromigo was riding with me during the week andtold me to mash them to feel the difference and he was genuine impressed.

View attachment 280578

What are T1 brakes? Are those the 2020 silverado brakes? or something else.
How about a pic of the brakes installed.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, T1 then..... like the Terminator T1 class of cybernetic organisms
Makes me feel like I have really advanced brakes.
I like the T900 model.

T900 Cameron.jpg

You should post a picture of your brakes, bro.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, T1 then..... like the Terminator T1 class of cybernetic organisms
Makes me feel like I have really advanced brakes.
I like the T900 model.

View attachment 280728

You should post a picture of your brakes, bro.

You should look at the names of the people who post stuff. I have a bunch of pictures they are the sparkly bedazzled diamond dust powder coated calipers. This was just my one week review and test results.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should look at the names of the people who post stuff. I have a bunch of pictures they are the sparkly bedazzled diamond dust powder coated calipers. This was just my one week review and test results.

I saw ONE picture installed......I expected more pictures....sorry.
I saw many more of the road.....LOL.
And yes your calipers are very pretty.

And yes they stop much better than stock. Its not linear like the stock brakes either.
The harder I push, the braking force seems to accelerate.
I like em.....still no issues
About 1500 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe