4" BDS Lift, 20x10 fuel wheels, 33x12.50 Toyos, 4x4, 2017 LT Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cahillbl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Bull2017, post: 1245850,

I’m a newbie so forgive me if I’m posting this wrong but I just bought a 15 Yukon XL and am looking a a very similar lift / tire set up. 4” and same toyo tires. Any issue with it being too big? Still fit in parking garages, drive thrus, etc? Looks fantastic I just don’t want to go too big and regret it later! Thanks.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Bull2017, post: 1245850,

I’m a newbie so forgive me if I’m posting this wrong but I just bought a 15 Yukon XL and am looking a a very similar lift / tire set up. 4” and same toyo tires. Any issue with it being too big? Still fit in parking garages, drive thrus, etc? Looks fantastic I just don’t want to go too big and regret it later! Thanks.

I have a 6in suspension 3in body lift on 37’s and still fit through drive thru’s and most parking garages

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Where in TX you located? Truck looks great. If you’re in / around Houston I can paint that grille for you. That’s how I did mine.

cahillbl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 6in suspension 3in body lift on 37’s and still fit through drive thru’s and most parking garages

Thanks, that’s helpful. Appreciate it. Hoping mine turns out as great as the trucks on here.

Sully55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bull2017

What is the offset of your wheels.

I’ve been trying to decide what to get they have -12 -18 and -24 to choose from

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post photos of the grille you are suggesting? I'm open to the idea, but I have looked around and couldn't find any that looked great.

I've installed the RST Grille Assembly (black). This is the one you're looking for that will complete your look and DOESN'T require any painting. Many websites say this is not compatible with older models, but it WILL fit any Tahoe/Burb that is 2015+ model years.

GM Part# 84245982

dsh1106

Reaction score
I lifted my 2017 Tahoe LT 4x4 and wanted to share. I found little images of my desired setup (black 10" wide wheels), 4" BDS lift, on a black Tahoe, so here are mine.

My goals:
  • Lift the Tahoe, but not too high...
  • Keep cargo space easy to access, mainly for the stroller
  • Easy to climb into, mainly with/for the baby's car seat
I test drove a 6" lifted Tahoe with 35s, because of the size and raised cargo space I wouldn't be able to enjoy using it for the family's needs. It looked amazing, but would probably be a source of frustration eventually. I imagined heaving the baby in the car seat, and having to swing the stroller in the back... and grew tired just thinking about it.

So I opted for:
  • 4" BDS lift (upgraded rear fox shocks)
  • 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country RT tires (they are super quiet and still look aggressive)
  • 20x10 Fuel Maverick wheels (black gloss with machine)
  • AMP automatic power step for easy access to all seats & clearance
How did it run, prior to trimming?
  • When reversing the wide wheels rubbed when turning the wheel (Not just at full lock, but even the slightest turn)
  • When turning and driving forward - They rubbed only at full lock
  • The cargo space is easy to access, and is easy getting the stroller in and out
  • I can easily get the car seat in and out of the back seat as well
Trimming was required, and it runs GREAT now!
  • Front fender trimmed, portion of the wheel well closest to the front of the vehicle
  • I decided not to mess with the wheel well side portion closest to driver/passenger
  • I trimmed only the side that rubbed the worst (both metal and plastic trimmed)
  • The Bolt holding the plastic valance to the metal bumper was moved
  • Trimming eliminated 98% of the rubbing reverse or nearly all as I turn the wheel and drive forward
  • My wife said "if i didn't tell her I trimmed it, she would have never known"

This is my 3rd pair of AMP automatic steps (had them on my biggest trucks 6" lifts with 35s) and they drop down further then side steps, and make the truck so much easier to jump into. I think the clearance also makes the lift appear higher because of that clearance. I also tinted all the windows, and added black bow ties (with a wrap).

So.... What do you all think?

View attachment 200010 View attachment 200011 View attachment 200012 View attachment 200013 View attachment 200015

Nice looking setup !!!

Did you do the install yourself or did you take it some where to have it installed?

Thanks
Scott

BrownSunshine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Couple questions:

1. What was the offset for the 20x10’s?
2. Does it still fit in your garage?
3. How tall is your garage opening?

beautiful Hoe man! Just picked up a 16 and am looking to do a similar setup!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec