3rd row seat - storing outside vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you with 3rd row seating: Do you leave it in the vehicle or store it outside? I rarely use it and find myself flipping them up and down for the space back there, so I have left them out for a while now.

What would be a good solution for storage? I don't think they will do well in a shed where the temps fluctuate like crazy. Not a fan of hauling to the basement unless I can think of no other ideas. Garage just gets in the way. Lol

I could leave them IN the truck, but I heard something like every 100lbs extra in the vehicle is 1.0 mpg lower. Idk
Same as several others. I store mine in the garage with black construction trash bags over them. I rarely use the seats.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep mine in the basement which is next to my garage. I only put them in if more than 5 people are riding. Mine aren’t covered but I walk by them daily. After 7 like this they look new. Sometimes have to wipe dust off.

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in NYC I also have an 07 and since day one they have been stored in storage unit same temp all year round. I found that the truck felt heavier with the third row.

Landchipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use a shelf for ours. We move them too often for my liking with teens to carry then golf bags and rifle cases to carry ans ... ... ...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shelf with clear plastic cover in garage, never an issue in my ‘01. ‘13 they are always in and folded up until needed.

Jibee

Reaction score
I kept one in and stored the other in an upstairs closet. Haven't used it once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne