37" MTRs on a 6" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2001 Tahoe, 2 wheel drive. So I don't care about rubbing during articulation or anything.

Does anybody know if this is feasible?

Thanks a ton in advance!

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Your gonna rub a ton just driving. Forget about flex. You could do a 3" body on top of that though. It would fit then. What lift are you looking at?

OP
OP
A

aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm doing a 3" body with a 3" spindle lift. Was originally going 315/75r16's but I found a deal on some 37" mtrs (which I think aren't actually a true 37)

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I think your gonna need over 6"s of lift to clear them. I would just stick with those 35s. what rims are you running?

OP
OP
A

aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure on the brand, but aftermarket 16x8 rims. The 285's I have stick out like 1/2" from the fenderwell.

Edit: Also, from my googling it sounds like the 37" MTR measures out to a 36" true height. FYI

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Old mt/r or the new kevlar? IIRC my 37" old school mt/r measured 35.5", should clear with enough offset/trimming.

jerseyjonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey man, i have 6" of suspension and my 315/75/16s seem to fit just right. they are like 34.9" tall and 10.5 wide, i think they would rub more if they were wider but im sure you could fix that with rims with a lil more offset. as for 37s i think you would be do in some major rubbin

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
2001 Tahoe, 2 wheel drive. So I don't care about rubbing during articulation or anything.

Does anybody know if this is feasible?

Thanks a ton in advance!

why are you lifting it if you obviously are never going to use it offroad? All money that could be better spent getting you a supercharger or something else fun like that.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are you lifting it if you obviously are never going to use it offroad? All money that could be better spent getting you a supercharger or something else fun like that.

hater +1^^

lift it bro who cares ur money

but its gunna rub with a 6 inch lift
ur gunna need to body lift it
just get some agressive 35s IF u want,
and u will rub the front bumper when u turn if u go larger then 13.5 wide
i need to triim my front bumper i have 35s by 16

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

and with the right lift/ tire combo u will do fine
i HAVE yet to get stuck with my swampers in 2 wheel drive
i dont even have my front drive shaft in
and i got into some serious mud holes

OP
OP
A

aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm lifting it because I like lifted trucks. I have had plenty of off-road rigs (jeeps) so I am a fan of that endeavor also, but not in my tahoe.

As far as lift goes, I am looking at doing a 3" suspension lift with a 3" body lift. From what I have read, the suggested tire size is 315/75r16 or 36x12.50x16.

Can you tell me more about the rubbing-when-turning problem? Are you saying the rubbing isn't in the fenderwell, but actually at the bumper(s)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm6t