35s on a leveled Tahoe... again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quentin Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not a new idea. I know. Buuuuut I ran into some issues. When tire tracks went to mount the rear 315/75R16 MTRs (stock chevy 16s they put on everything) it looks like they’ll rub on the upper control arm mount and the upper shock bolt. No big deal but I paid a pretty penny for these tires and don’t want them chewed up.

Any arguments about trimming the shock bolt a little?

As for the subframe piece, it’s close but I’m thinking shims now (wheel shims, like spacers without lugs). Planning on running 8mm hubcentric spacers/shims to get it farther away from that stuff. How much hub lip am I going to have left with 8mm of it being gone? As for stud length, with 8mm I should get about 10 turns according to a different thread I read, so that’s not an issue.

Hate to beat a dead horse but to be honest I don’t have time to look through thousands of threads to find one. If someone knows a thread and can post a link, that’d be great, or someone who’s done this chime in?

B5A9AFC3-4720-45FA-86CA-77AB71C22A0D.jpeg C947FD86-EE00-4935-A361-1954A9849217.png

Last edited:

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could trim that bolt flush to the nut. That's what I had to do with my UCA bolt to stop rubbing against my axles when I did my drop spindles. I don't see you having any problems trimming the shock bolt

OP
OP
Quentin Smith

Quentin Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4FE4D5DA-C807-48B5-BCFB-709A47AB4C1A.jpeg F055FADF-6DD6-4171-85EC-804A2F2A8026.png Sort of a bump, but I ended up getting a pair of 1/2” wheel spacers from ReadyLIFT in the mail today. Hub and wheel centric, so don’t get uptight with me here. Little problems with the wheel stud length, as I only got 4 turns (HOLY S**T) when I test fitted them. Does ANYONE know, because I saw in an Amazon post of all things, someone used studs from a 2500 Avalanche. Anyone done this successfully, before I waste more money trying to fit stocks and 35s?

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to get 1.5" to 1.75" adapters that bolt to your current studs and have new studs on them. OR... longer studs pressed in.

OP
OP
Quentin Smith

Quentin Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need to get 1.5" to 1.75" adapters that bolt to your current studs and have new studs on them. OR... longer studs pressed in.

Yeah my problem is that. I don’t want ridiculous track width difference front to rear, so I’d have to buy a set instead of a pair, and I’m already within fractions of an inch from rubbing in the front. The studs is what I’m looking for, problem is they’re hard to track down any info on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew