35 x 12.50's on 00-06 Yukon/Tahoe with key's and spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did search, but did not find anyone with this set up.

I have seen 2 of these now on the road. A Tahoe and A Sierra. 20's with 35 x 12.50 on each. They do not look too stuffed and I really want to do this to my Yukon. Very seldom do I go off road, I mainly just want the look.
Anyone here done this and how does it ride?

I was told as long as you keep the factory offset on the rims and trim the front a little bit you are good to go.

Anyone?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one?

Guess I will be the Guinea pig next month then. lol
Black 20" XD Monsters and 35 x 12.50 Cooper STT's.

208motors

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sir-Lanc my neighbor has a yukon xl with the 33-12.5/18 on it. He has a lot of positive backspace and only rubbs a little on the frame in front when at full lock. I would like to see pictures of yours when your done. I'm considering the same wheel/tire as you but only if keys will clear it entirely. My vote is go for it and get those pics up as soon as you can.

OP
OP
Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the replies.
There is a car dealer in my area that is doing it to some of their trucks so I would say if it was a big problem they would not be doing it. He had to trim the bottom plastic piece on the front bumper, but thats not a big deal to me. He said as long as I went with the factory rim offset and width, I can fit 35 x 12.5 x 20's with no rubbing on any of the 00 and up. 2" keys and spacers only and it looks badass! Does not look stuffed at all and side by side with a new factory truck it sits a good bit higher.

I think they look great on there and I am going to do it next month after I get my commission check. I will put up some pictures of my Yukon XL and my impression of the set up for you guys. I am going with a 20" black Rockstars or Monsters with the 35" Cooper STT's. I think this will look good against the Summit white and the taller stance will help with how long the XL is, IMO.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Keep up updated, should look nasty but plan on crankin with 35s. I hope you went with 2"s spacers too

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You'll need lots of positive offset on a 2x8.5" wheel to clear a 35, thankfully the coopers will only measure 34.5 but I think you're gonna have to trim a good bit to clear them effectively. Be sure to post pics when you get everything installed.

OP
OP
Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to find out soon enough. lol
Will be getting my bonus from work in a couple weeks, so then I just need to pick a day to be without my truck.

From what I have seen, the only thing they are trimming is the black plastic piece on the front bumper. Looks sick.

I will put up some pics and my thoughts when it's done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne