30k for 2016 Escalade at end of 2020. Is this possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow TYFs!

Haven't posted for a while but I'm always reading these awesome threads:beer:. I've been saving like a mad man for the past year. Was wondering if you experts can shed some light on the possibility of my aspirations. The title pretty much says it all. I'm planning on putting down no less than 7k and would rather keep my Altima which will be paid off by then (vs trade in)
Is this realistic price? Or am I just smoking Indian hemp?
Thoughts?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow TYFs!

Haven't posted for a while but I'm always reading these awesome threads:beer:. I've been saving like a mad man for the past year. Was wondering if you experts can shed some light on the possibility of my aspirations. The title pretty much says it all. I'm planning on putting down no less than 7k and would rather keep my Altima which will be paid off by then (vs trade in)
Thoughts?
You might be able to get there - especially since the new body style will be out. The price for a used vehicle will be fluid and will depend upon the model/version, condition, location, mileage, options, vehicle history report, etc. and whether you are buying private party or from a dealer.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow TYFs!

Thoughts?
Who dis? New phone.

OP
OP
Steedog

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to get there - especially since the new body style will be out. The price for a used vehicle will be fluid and will depend upon the model/version, condition, location, mileage, options, vehicle history report, etc. and whether you are buying private party or from a dealer.

Makes sense. The only thing I really don't want to compromise on is drivetrain. I really really really do not want a rear wheel drive Escalade. And I know they are less pricey.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow TYFs!

Thoughts?
meh might as well get rid of the altima those barely last 35k before the CVT goes out
I test drove a sentra before the CVT was dead at 34k miles it revved up to 3500 rpm the top speed was pathetic 10mph... it might be fine if this was 1910 with all the horse and buggy's around ....

honestly i would only buy it if it has detailed records.. and that they changed the oil at lest every 5-7k (i know it has 8qt which will extend the OCI a bit more)

stay away if there is any wear to the hitch don't buy one that was used for towing since the transmission will be worn out (heat related wear)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh might as well get rid of the altima those barely last 35k before the CVT goes out
I test drove a sentra before the CVT was dead at 34k miles it revved up to 3500 rpm the top speed was pathetic 10mph... it might be fine if this was 1910 with all the horse and buggy's around ....

honestly i would only buy it if it has detailed records.. and that they changed the oil at lest every 5-7k (i know it has 8qt which will extend the OCI a bit more)

stay away if there is any wear to the hitch don't buy one that was used for towing since the transmission will be worn out (heat related wear)

This is the best post you’ve ever made.

-clear
-concise
-comprehensible

Albeit completely wrong, nice post.

Congratulations brent

wilcfr

Reaction score
Hello Fellow TYFs!

Thoughts?
I have a 2010 Express with 41K on it and my drives a 2007 4Runner with 30k. I sold a 2004 Tahoe Z71 in 2011 that had 14K on it. So yes it is possible. Unusual, but possible.

OP
OP
Steedog

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doh!
I hope I haven't confused anyone. I meant 30 grand and not 30k miles. While on the topic, I definitely think it might be next to impossible to get a 2015 AWD Escalade with 30k for less than 30 grand

OP
OP
Steedog

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the best post you’ve ever made.

-clear
-concise
-comprehensible

Albeit completely wrong, nice post.

Congratulations brent
How would you tailor your search if this were you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf