3 inch lift spindles with 1-3 lift keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Cobos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cranking the keys wont make the ride stiffer. That is one thing I had to learn from other people on this forum. The reason ride quality suffers is if you go too far and the upper control arms run out of travel. There are bump stops on the frame that the suspension will top out on if you crank the keys too much. 2" from keys shouldn't result in much change in ride and you may be able to get that much out of factory keys. Worth a shot.

cool thanks for the info. i tried it with the factory keys when i installed knuckles but it was too soft so i did the coilover conversion but now too bouncy like i said like a rice burner. so now trying the supreme suspension keys. ill keep updating and see what the outcome is. And yes I'm aware of the angles and bump stops. I'm definitely covering everything

Last edited:

Token11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
f98b3aa2f86d04d5752548dc876d80b1.jpg
3 inch spindle with the factory keys turned, going to do the passenger side tomorrow int the morning, bolts need some wd40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Cobos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
f98b3aa2f86d04d5752548dc876d80b1.jpg
3 inch spindle with the factory keys turned, going to do the passenger side tomorrow int the morning, bolts need some wd40

Looks good so far. Dont know if you mind letting me know what the height from floor or center of wheel to bottom of fender came out to. Also how angled your tie rods and ball joints ended up at? Thanks

OP
OP
Daniel Barrett

Daniel Barrett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 GMC Yukon Sle. It's rear wheel drive with the torsion bar front suspension. I was wondering if anyone has heard of using lift spindles along with lift keys? I'm trying to achieve about 5 to 6 inches of lift in the front without spending a butt load of money. I do plan on using shock extenders and getting longer brake lines if necessary. I already have the rear figured out. Is using this combination of parts possible? Also, is it safe?
Ok, I know it's been awhile but I have installed the lift spindles in the front and decided not to add the lift keys. I did however pretty much max out the stock keys...still have about one and a half turns left...and this gave me 5 inches of lift over the factory height up front. I also stacked 3 inch and 1 inch coil spacers for the rear. I'm also running 20x9 wheels with a zero offset and 305/55/20 which are basically 33s AT tires with 2 inch wheel spacers on the rear. The lift spindles pushed the front wheels out so I had to compensate in the rear. It did need some minor plastic trimming on the front plastic trim under the bumper and the fender liners due to rubbing.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took off torsion bars and put these from atomicfab great product but again a little too bouncy for me plus i want more height and if i crank these up theyll just get bouncier. so im going back to torsion bar set up and have the 3" knuckles on it so wondering if i should go with rough country 6inch lift or just use the after market leveling torsion keys to try to get another 2" plus the knuckles to get me at a 5inch lift. And yes i know ride will be significantly stiffer from what it would be with factory keys but im thinking with the rough country n3 shocks may even out since they are a softer shock. Im open to opinions and options.

View attachment 254035
RC 6” kit is dependent upon torsion crank to achieve a full 6”. The spindles in that kit are the same as their 4” kit. The added 2” comes from torsion adjustment I believe but if I’m wrong somebody correct me. That being said, 3” spindles is only one inch shy of the spindle in the RC kit. I’d throw a set of GM white or Ford keys in to gain an extra inch since you already have the 3” lift spindles vs buying a whole kit

OP
OP
Daniel Barrett

Daniel Barrett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever lift with the spindles and keys, I’m thinking about doing the same, I have a 2005 GMC Yukon SLE 2WD
Pics for help, my buddy has a 2002 Chevy and he used spindles just want to make sure

yes, I installed 3 inch lift spindles and just cranked the factory key to almost max..it gave me almost 5 inches of lift in the front