3.5 inch cat back $130 dollars.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @NORCAL SS, I got a 12909 muffler and there is no way it will fit with the center/offset rather than offset/offset. Is there a different muffler that needs to be used for an ESV? I have a 2008 Escalade ESV and the 12909 is just not able to line up. I long ago got rid of the resonator for the SLP piece, but the shop had some 3.5" straight pipe, but it would need to be some janky angles to try and make it work.

You need center/offset. Center near the ypipe, offset closer to the tailpipe. There is a slight angle. Offset/offset would exacerbate the angle issue.

I have an 08 Yukon Denali, same platform as yours and also with the SLP resonator delete. Decent clamps will help a ton with the install. Its been a while but remember cutting out the old muffler and basically replacing with new. I don't remember the slightly shorter length being an issue.

Unfortunately I don't have great pics. I'll post what I have.

Y5Z1KDS.png

AIJi9ot.png

Pwc8zzW.png

langsbr

Reaction score
Those pics help, thanks. I take it since you are using clamps you didn't weld them together? Did you have to use any spare 3.5" pipe, or did those clamps give you enough wiggle room?

Would you have a link to those clamps by chance? If I can avoid welding, I'll DIY this sucker.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those pics help, thanks. I take it since you are using clamps you didn't weld them together? Did you have to use any spare 3.5" pipe, or did those clamps give you enough wiggle room?

Would you have a link to those clamps by chance? If I can avoid welding, I'll DIY this sucker.

No welding but intended to "get around to it". So far its held for a year and I have better things to do. I might weld it someday though. Though periodically checking if the clamps are tight is easy.

I got a few of these clamps
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZBF9L5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also this pipe
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015KWCJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

langsbr

Reaction score
Found a good custom shop that too care of installing the muffler. Took about 15 minutes and fit perfect. They also installed the flange from the stock y pipe into my speed engineering y pipe. It sure parts to have the right tools and skilled people doing work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons