3.5” Lift on 2016 Tahoe, no aluminum knuckles??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrownSunshine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So we just bought my wife a 2016 Tahoe and I had every intention of putting the RC 3.5” lift on it. Was going to order but noticed in the instructions that the kit won’t work with aluminum knuckles!!!

Started looking at the Fabtech 4” but then in the instructions it says to drill out the upper ball joint with a 1/2” drill bit.

So if I have to do that with the Fabtech, could I do that with the RC? RC tech support just said “ball joints won’t fit” so I didn’t know if drilling them out would work.

bigxj91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ran into the same issue (2017). I ended up buying the Superlift 3.5 for the 1500 and piecing together a 2 inch rear spacer, shock/sway bar extensions. I’ll hopefully get it on later this week. I tried talking to a couple of reps from RC who were less than helpful. Which is sad I’ve used their stuff in the past.

OP
OP
B

BrownSunshine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I finally called RC and spoke with someone instead of chatting with someone online. I was told that the kit now comes with sleeves that will let you use it with aluminum knuckles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BrownSunshine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ran into the same issue (2017). I ended up buying the Superlift 3.5 for the 1500 and piecing together a 2 inch rear spacer, shock/sway bar extensions. I’ll hopefully get it on later this week. I tried talking to a couple of reps from RC who were less than helpful. Which is sad I’ve used their stuff in the past.
Let me know how that works out for you. After test fitting some wheels and tires I realized this thing has stamped control arms, which apparently the RC kit doesn’t work with those either [emoji35]

bigxj91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I finally called RC and spoke with someone instead of chatting with someone online. I was told that the kit now comes with sleeves that will let you use it with aluminum knuckles.

Welp, I did kinda a hybrid. I did the Halo Lift “3” inch coil over for ride quality. They set them at 2 inches and then give you the 1 inch lower strut spacer. Super lift control arms, diff drop. Then had to source 2 inch coil spacers(rear). Shock extensions and sway bar extensions(rear). Front def went up well past 3 inches. Going to have to prob take it allllll apart again and drop it down an inch. Going to see if it settles at all first. I ended up putting 33x12.50. Zero rub. The front measured 35 inches prior. It’s measuring at 41..... the rear measured at 37.5 and now measures 40 even.

397DF677-833E-4D6A-B913-1CB1084885F3.jpeg 884D2550-98B9-4907-872E-C195FB080BD6.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts