285/55/22's with level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chalupa Batman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for looking,

New forum member here and I really do apologize in advance for what is most likely a newbie question. I just picked up a '15 Yukon XL Denali. We love the vehicle but i'm not a fan of the factory rake. I plan on keeping the OEM 22's for the time being and leveling it here in the next week or so. I'm going to go with the 2.5" front/1" rear.

I'd like to go with a more aggressive tire and wanted to see if i'm safe running a 285/55/22? I know it's just over 34" and I wasn't sure if i'd run into major rubbing issues with this combo. I really appreciate any help with this and look forward to modding!

Matt

Jeaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I run 285/22 on XD Monsters, on a 2/4 lowered 2018 Tahoe with no rubbing at all, perfectly level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, thought they were, but they are 285/45/22 and measure 31”, didn’t realize there was more than one 285/22...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Chalupa Batman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely appreciate the assistance but looking at the 55 series. I know the Sierra crowd can run them with minimal issues but I’ve yet to find anyone on here running them on a Tahoe/Yukon.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely appreciate the assistance but looking at the 55 series. I know the Sierra crowd can run them with minimal issues but I’ve yet to find anyone on here running them on a Tahoe/Yukon.

K2XX Sierra/Silverado and K2XX Yukon/Tahoe have the same size wheelwells, so if that's the case, you can expect to trim as much as the guys who had them installed on their Sierras.

OP
OP
C

Chalupa Batman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
K2XX Sierra/Silverado and K2XX Yukon/Tahoe have the same size wheelwells, so if that's the case, you can expect to trim as much as the guys who had them installed on their Sierras.

Are they? I haven’t measured but just looking at pictures it would seem the Sierra/Silverado wheelwells are shaped differently.

Caleb Zehentbauer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for looking,

New forum member here and I really do apologize in advance for what is most likely a newbie question. I just picked up a '15 Yukon XL Denali. We love the vehicle but i'm not a fan of the factory rake. I plan on keeping the OEM 22's for the time being and leveling it here in the next week or so. I'm going to go with the 2.5" front/1" rear.

I'd like to go with a more aggressive tire and wanted to see if i'm safe running a 285/55/22? I know it's just over 34" and I wasn't sure if i'd run into major rubbing issues with this combo. I really appreciate any help with this and look forward to modding!

Matt

Caleb Zehentbauer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 Tahoe just installed myself ccm leveling 2.5 front 1 back . Put 285/55/20 factory wheels no rub at all and no trimingt would have went with 295 but nitto Terra grappler didn't come that size. Not a fan off the install on ccm would go with different brand if did it again .also might take out the one in the back just bc it's not leveled with both.

KIMG0281.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne