'23 HC 'burb headlights & wipers cut off while driving, 2 full seconds.. FRIGHTFUL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had two 2021 Yukons; first was a lemon and 2nd one is better. The 2nd still has issues. Just yesterday it sat at the dealer for washer fluid front/rear inop (pump on order), broken oil fill nozzle, headliner retaining clips not retaining and a binding center captains chair rail/track. There's been more, but nothing like the 1st. Hasn't left me stranded or without headlights thank God. But, driving with no washer fluid sucks *ss in sloppy winter conditions!

I use to buy a new vehicle every year and hands down these have been more problematic than anything else I've owned. 1% seems a little low to me.
So because you have 2 lemons that makes the rest lemons? Not how it works.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So because you have 2 lemons that makes the rest lemons? Not how it works.
Saying that 1% is low, is not saying the rest are lemons. Since I can't claim facts for you; in my opinion much more than 1% have experienced issues....

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonight drove the Suburban another 25 miles after dark without any "blackout" occurrence.. but I was too chicken to keep the headlight switch in AUTO setting, LOL !!

Last edited:

23 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will check the batt cables tightness.. but

My gut instincts tell me it's related to OnStar, and for 2 reasons:

1) the app allows me turn on (or) turn off my headlights

2) my OnStar trial period just ended 24 hours previous to this "blackout" occurring

That sounds like a reboot of service status from Onstar.

Though I have never had experience with Onstar (yet), I am computer literate and that was surely Onstar resetting their settings for your vehicle.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing with brushes. caught this bug twice. The first time I thought it seemed. and recently it was the second time, I was driving in the rain, the brushes were working. How suddenly they hovered literally for a second in the upper position. If you find a reason, please let me know. Because this glitch is clearly not one of those that can be shown to the dealer

Boman2626

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thankfully I'm not the only one.. what vehicle & year were you driving ?

This just happened to me twice tonight in our 2023 Yukon Denali. The first time I thought I blinked until my wife asked if I saw that. Very quick but head lights went off and wipers froze for a split second at the top of stroke. It was snowing hard and could barely see. Then about 30 mins later it did it again. Crazy. Anybody track down this gremlin yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu