23 Denali/Super Cruise Defective

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koala

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took delivery of a 2023 Yukon Denali XL with Super Cruise that doesn't work. Is anyone else having this problem. It activate green for less than 10 seconds, starts flashing green then flashing red then disengages or indicates Super Cruise Unavailable. The dealer has not been able to repair it and it has been 2 months waiting for parts.

FostyPine23

Reaction score
I took delivery of a 2023 Yukon Denali XL with Super Cruise that doesn't work. Is anyone else having this problem. It activate green for less than 10 seconds, starts flashing green then flashing red then disengages or indicates Super Cruise Unavailable. The dealer has not been able to repair it and it has been 2 months waiting for parts.

I'm sorry to hear that.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been a few of us with problems with SC, something is wrong if your dealer is making you wait months. In my case the Map Module went dead and even though they had a lot of troubling trying to program it they had the part in a day. I would have another conversation with your service advisor and have it elevated to GM direct.

Roll On

Reaction score
I can see your disappointment in the matter.
I have a tachometer that is on the fritz, a new one is on back order and it’s been a month. The service manager said that it is partly due to Covid-19 and the chip shortage. I told him that I okay with it as long as it gets fixed.
In the meantime, they fixed a few other issues.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with my SC. Activates easily.

My biggest issue is that auto lane change doesn't work with hitch rack connected.

Javishare

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having the same issue, just took delivery of on Tuesday And the engine is leaking oil and the super cruise and adaptive cruise control is not working. Have you received any updates?

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine has not worked since I picked it up in January. After 3 weeks in the shop they diagnosed a defective module. The module is not available and GM does not have an ETA on when and if it will be available.

The primary issue seems to be facial recognition. It doesn't see a face so it disengages SC.

In a bizarre twist, I accidentally figured out that when I wear a particular pair of sunglasses, it does recognize the face and works for extended periods of time. It's very strange. But it only works with this one pair. I'm not sure if it is the size or the reflective nature of the polarized lenses....I just don't know.

I've pretty much given up. GM contacts me weekly to tell me there is no ETA. Dealer has no answers.

I don't think it will ever be repaired. Very unfortunate.

JLMBT

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that hopefully they will fix it for you soon...from experience I know that sometimes when we rely too much on electronics in vehicles, they disappoint us...super cruise is a nice perk, but not a necessity in my opinion...also I think sometimes car makers don't tell you all the fine details when it comes to technology and vehicles...good luck to you.

DarkHorizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine has not worked since I picked it up in January. After 3 weeks in the shop they diagnosed a defective module. The module is not available and GM does not have an ETA on when and if it will be available.

The primary issue seems to be facial recognition. It doesn't see a face so it disengages SC.

In a bizarre twist, I accidentally figured out that when I wear a particular pair of sunglasses, it does recognize the face and works for extended periods of time. It's very strange. But it only works with this one pair. I'm not sure if it is the size or the reflective nature of the polarized lenses....I just don't know.

I've pretty much given up. GM contacts me weekly to tell me there is no ETA. Dealer has no answers.

I don't think it will ever be repaired. Very unfortunate.
What evidence do you have that it will never be fixed?

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What evidence do I have that it will? No one has any answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts