22 Yukon Denali DRL not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huck572

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My DRL do not function correctly. They come on then the headlights come on shortly after. Sunny or bright days my headlights always on. The only time they sometimes work is on a cloudy day. I have to turn auto function off in daylight.

OP
OP
H

huck572

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Light sensor issue is well known. Some have changed the sensor to an older version and others have had dealer load a software update for it.

Here is a long thread about it:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/question-about-the-headlights.133415/
Light sensor issue is well known. Some have changed the sensor to an older version and others have had dealer load a software update for it.

Here is a long thread about it:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/question-about-the-headlights.133415/
Thanks for the info. Going to the dealer tomorrow. Hope they have what I need and fix it.

Eplion1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 21 needed this as well. Dealer did the computer program same day they checked for the 3rd row seatbelt recall.

crankin

Reaction score
Wish my dealer was accommodating. This known issue, I had to supply them with the PIT# and tell them it needs a BCM software update. "Oh well we will need to bring it in and do a diagnostic on it before doing any update". As far as I understand it should be a quick 30 min job. But they are telling me they need a min of 3 hour appointment which they are booking into mid Jan.
USELESS

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish my dealer was accommodating. This known issue, I had to supply them with the PIT# and tell them it needs a BCM software update. "Oh well we will need to bring it in and do a diagnostic on it before doing any update". As far as I understand it should be a quick 30 min job. But they are telling me they need a min of 3 hour appointment which they are booking into mid Jan.
USELESS
Well, you might get lucky if the DRL recall over the air update arrives; it will give you the BCM update which will also include the fix for headlights on during the day.

But, depending on what you told your dealer; they may indeed need to diagnose it. It should be about a 30-45 min job…

OP
OP
H

huck572

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealer updated the sensor and I was on my way home in half an hour. DRL works as it should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu