22" Michelin Defender LTX Tread Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometime back, I had Bridgestones on my older '88 truck... The tread compound was harder as you wore down. They lasted quite a while. ( 60K )......
The Yokohama Geolanders I have on my Yukon wear pretty good, but I just started to notice, after 2 years they are SH*TTY on the wet !! ( Not due to hydroplaning, but just a wet road- after rain)
I had the same issues with a set of Terra Grap’s. Great at first, then later they would squeal around corners, and just lose traction in minimal light snowing conditions (wet road, not sticking).

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snow is.... FUN ! You already know the grip is nearly zero. So you have both hands on the steering wheel, at the ready. ( Practice slow drifting techniques .)

Attachments

• thumbnail_Kelly Moss snow .jpg
    thumbnail_Kelly Moss snow .jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is odd. Defenders really last. I have had them on several trucks now and didnt even notice any wear at 50K. A great tire. I do inflate to max pressure on rears when towing and do check my tire pressure daily. I always run the Defenders 1-2 PSI extra because I dont like the sidewall bulge, and have good luck with mileage. Under inflated tires really wear faster.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just surprised because these are rated 70k tires and i'll be lucky to get half that. On my other vehicles, i'd easily get 60-70k miles on these tires.
These oem tires are only a 600 treadwear version. I got 38k out of my oem tires, those are mostly long road trip miles. Like you, I've always gotten 55-60k miles no problem. I replaced mine with Bridgestone Alenza PLUS. These are supposedly the same tire, but 80k mile warranty and 800 treadwear. I'm not 100% happy with them. They are a more "rugged" looking than I prefer (tread is DEEP). That being said, they are smooth and quiet. Wet traction is fine as far as hydroplaning but the grip is less when taking off. I notice it spins easier. Dry traction is equal.

Here are a few pictures. Disregard the filthy truck

F8C4B258-3A03-42D4-AE37-84F931050E26.jpegAAFD197B-5835-4690-9E6A-687885261A6A.jpeg4B8B136A-81EB-4CF5-912E-D98783F534B9.jpeg

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You replaced Michelins with the Dueler Alenza? I'm so sorry for your loss.

Last edited: