'22 Duramax Stop Sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a HP/Torque increase for 2023 3.0L Duramax. Maybe production has ended for 2022 versions.
That is the redesigned lz0 duramax. Currently it is lm2. The trucks are already getting the lz0 this year. The suvs are rumored to get it in 2024 with the refresh.

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on incoming '22 and '23 Duramax's and noticed most of the '22's say "This vehicle is temporarily unavailable." Is this affecting anyone on the forums order? If so, has the dealer told you why there's a stop sell? I reached out on one and the receptionist didn't know why - didn't expect her to but evidently GM has found an issue with the '22s and needs to correct it before they sell these. For the record I don't see any of the '23's with this note on them.

View attachment 384315
It’s June 2022 that they start cutting off 2022 orders. After that orders have to start shift to 2023 and at this time, in the plant I was recently told that vast majority is the 2022s being built and 2023s have also begun. They have to also do a shut down to switch things over to 2023 for production products too. So they may have stopped building 2022 online. They have a 2023 YUKON Denali ultimate package in production for me as well.

ncrzbk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have had 3 Tahoe’s on order since Feb 22’. One got produced and shipped. The 2 remaining is being held becasue of Diesel engine’s from the dealer.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have had 3 Tahoe’s on order since Feb 22’. One got produced and shipped. The 2 remaining is being held becasue of Diesel engine’s from the dealer.
Duramax is not 100% available. Never has been. It's a low availability option. That doesn't mean they are not making them. Just in smaller quantities and it's based on dealer allocations. If your dealer doesn't have any allocations you could be waiting forever.