'22 Duramax Stop Sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on incoming '22 and '23 Duramax's and noticed most of the '22's say "This vehicle is temporarily unavailable." Is this affecting anyone on the forums order? If so, has the dealer told you why there's a stop sell? I reached out on one and the receptionist didn't know why - didn't expect her to but evidently GM has found an issue with the '22s and needs to correct it before they sell these. For the record I don't see any of the '23's with this note on them.

3LDuramax.jpg

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is possible they are in the time frame for the 3rd row seatbelt rivet recall, or they are still waiting on chips, or GM has decided the 22's that are still stuck in midlothian are to be parted out as they have been sitting there for the better part of 6 months. But that is just speculation from me.

OP
OP
StephenPT

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh - you're right, it's likely the 3rd row seatbelt buckle recall. I had assumed it was a Duramax thing because when I delimited the inventory to the gas engines I didn't see that note under any of them - I did it again and scrolled down farther and now I see the gas engines have that note as well. Nevermind! This isn't a Duramax issue...

As far as sitting in Midlothian for 6 months+ it does make me wonder if the factory fill of DEF is still usable? Or do they just put in a small amount at the factory so it runs and then the dealer adds it during PDI?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If gas vehicle doesn't have hold on them, I doubt that it seat belt problem there is something about the Duramax probably.

Jellyfrosh

Reaction score
I just bought my 3.0L Yukon on Halloween, the dealer didn't say anything about a stop sale. Ran my VIN on GM's recall center and had no recalls. I'm not sure what it would be.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 3.0L Yukon on Halloween, the dealer didn't say anything about a stop sale. Ran my VIN on GM's recall center and had no recalls. I'm not sure what it would be.
Was your new vehicle in stock or had it just arrived at dealer. There is a build date on driver's door opening.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the hold is for duramax problem GM probably fixed whatever was the problem at factory on yours and ones in stock at dealers will lag behind that's if duramax is why they are on hold. Being build date is June your vehicle seems to have been on hold for something. I have a friend that has a 2021 duramax great truck he really likes it.

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the hold is for duramax problem GM probably fixed whatever was the problem at factory on yours and ones in stock at dealers will lag behind that's if duramax is why they are on hold. Being build date is June your vehicle seems to have been on hold for something. I have a friend that has a 2021 duramax great truck he really likes it.
There is no hold or stop sale on duramax.

FatBob

Reaction score
There is a HP/Torque increase for 2023 3.0L Duramax. Maybe production has ended for 2022 versions.