21 Yukon Denali - How do you prevent the radio/XM from turning on automatically??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

vdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the interface they made for the vehicle system uses the radio as part of the interface, soon you wont even have control of your vehicle if big brother deems it so. control and choice will not be in our hands much longer for pretty much anything, it's already intruded into your home with "smart" devices. pretty soon not only will you not be able to have a gas stove or light bulb or lawn mower but a "smart monitor" will be required, wait and see........ it will be under some guise like facial recognition to prevent crime.
tin foil hats for everyone! lol, don't forget to save up for that electric car..... also required. see where it's going
Well, that escalated quickly! :oops: Thanks for the tip, but I just don't want my radio to turn on automatically. :D

OP
OP
V

vdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I'm understanding you right, yes, you are correct. I have to turn off the entire system (holding down the off button) until all I see is the time/date. If I do that, turn off the car and the next time I start the car, nothing plays. However, nothing is on as well when the car starts...no home screen. Then I have to turn the system on and then the radio automatically starts playing. Hopefully I'm making sense.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm understanding you right, yes, you are correct. I have to turn off the entire system (holding down the off button) until all I see is the time/date. If I do that, turn off the car and the next time I start the car, nothing plays. However, nothing is on as well when the car starts...no home screen. Then I have to turn the system on and then the radio automatically starts playing. Hopefully I'm making sense.
so it doesn't have just a home screen showing the various apps available? with nothing selected?
something like this>
homer.JPG

OP
OP
V

vdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First picture - entire system off (just temp & time showing). Second picture, system on - home screen.

If the entire system is off when I shut off the car and then I start the car back up, it remains off. I have to turn on the system and then the radio just starts playing.

If the system is on and the radio is "muted" and then I shut off the car, the next time I start the car, the system is on (which I understand because I left it that way), but the radio turns on automatically.

Basically, there's no way for me to leave the system on and have the radio "off/muted" when I start the car back up. If the system is on when I start the car, the radio/xm always starts playing.

Like I said, it's a small gripe and I probably need to deal with it. It's just annoying because it doesn't seem normal and much different from my other cars and probably most cars.

Attachments

• 20230407_114656.jpg
    20230407_114656.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230407_114710.jpg
    20230407_114710.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 5

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to program you seat. mirrors, etc with radio off when you press set button for fob you carry,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu