21' vs 22' Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rog2867

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use apple car play all the time in my 21, so whatever the actual system is in the infotainment really makes no difference as your really never using it with carplay.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oke thing I would mention is the tach is on the wrong side (right ) on the digital display. Unlike any GM vehicle I have seen no idea why they did this.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oke thing I would mention is the tach is on the wrong side (right ) on the digital display. Unlike any GM vehicle I have seen no idea why they did this.
Agree, that is a tad odd...really not sure why it isn't configurable, would be a simple software thing to let you choose if you want speed left and tach right, or vice versa....

123ablack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM Pulled the Rear Seat Entertainment from the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban for the rest of this model year.. this sucks..
is there an aftermarket rear seat entertainment system (either dual monitor screens or drop-down displays) that would connect to the front screen? not so much for watching on the front screen but i wanna be able to control it from the front screen.
Any info would be appreciated

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM Pulled the Rear Seat Entertainment from the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban for the rest of this model year.. this sucks..
is there an aftermarket rear seat entertainment system (either dual monitor screens or drop-down displays) that would connect to the front screen? not so much for watching on the front screen but i wanna be able to control it from the front screen.
There are options, but nothing that interfaces with the front screen, or at least nothing that I have been able to find. I am sure at some stage there will be something.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know this isn’t a more appealing option that people don’t bring up, but you can buy 2 iPads and just buy a screen case that attaches to the back of the head rest. The price is pretty much the same (or cheaper if you get an olde iPad) but once your kids are old enough to hold an iPad obviously there’s so much more to do on it than watch movies.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually avoid manufacturer rear seat entertainment systems because they become outdated so quick. It's a lot of money for something that will be obsolete within 3-5 years.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u found something aftermarket to interface with the front screen I’d sell u my loaded premier with RSE and get a 22’ and do aftermarket screens LOL
Hate not being able to control from the front

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a 21’ Denali and now in a 22’, the font on the HUD is different, I believe, and the transmission seems LOTS more lazy in the 1-2 shift. The Google-based Infotainment system works really well with voice commands and will change temps, fan speeds, and other HVAC controls among other nav and stereo inputs. The digital cluster offers more info than the outgoing one and the auto-bright light feature seems to be more responsive.

As far as vehicle fit and finish, I feel the 21’ I owned was better inside. My 22’ doesn’t have as well-aligned interior plastics (the center console is proud on the drivers side near the seam by seatbelt) and the in-seat arm rest in the second row bench isn’t well-centered. With the said, I’m not getting the interior rattles in the 22’ I did in my 21’.

More to follow…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans