21+ Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

handstr

Reaction score
corsa vs borla/gm performance noise and drone. I really want a corsa touring sound. just a little above stock and no drone

Trent88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I had a nice chunk of accessory credit from GM and bit the bullet on the GM Performance Exhaust. Had it installed today and drove about 30 highway miles and a little bit around town. Notes below...

1. The new exhaust tips are bigger and Chrome with the bowtie stamped on top. There are no holes on the inside of the tips like factory.
  2. The resonators behind the tips are about 1/2 the size of the OEM
  3. There is not a flapper valve on the egress side the muffler (this was standard on the 6.2L)
  4. still a very big suitcase muffler
  5. and still a flapper valve on the ingress side of the muffler just past the flex pipe
The exhaust has nice deep sound, but nothing too crazy. You certainly hear it when getting on the throttle. Highway was good a little bit of drone (with cruise control) that I am assuming is when the DFM kicks, but it goes away. I had cruise set to 75 and I noticed it 2-3 times across the 30 miles. If I applied a bit of gas it goes away instantly. Also, had the stereo off the whole way and no kids fighting.

View attachment 265240 View attachment 265241 View attachment 265242 View attachment 265243 View attachment 265244
@Bigmanny Would you be willing to give an update on how you like your Performance Exhaust? I’ve got one ordered and at the dealer awaiting my 22 Yukon Denali delivery but I’m getting cold feet regarding droning at hwy speeds while in DFM. Would you go this route and buy it again? Any other advice as I make the decision?

Anyone else with the Performance Exhaust willing to share? TIA!

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At hwy speeds cruising between 65-80 mph the DFM does not kick in. I have a Borla S type and havent heard dfm when cruising at those speeds. Trust me i would know. I noticed it more during stop and go traffic in the city, like light to light. Im sure drone will be very minimal.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At hwy speeds cruising between 65-80 mph the DFM does not kick in. I have a Borla S type and havent heard dfm when cruising at those speeds. Trust me i would know. I noticed it more during stop and go traffic in the city, like light to light. Im sure drone will be very minimal.
So you just did a muffler replacement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu