21 base Tahoe rear end squatting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all I have a basic Tahoe 2021, loaded some tools and stuff in the back and it's squatting. My 15 had the same junk in the rear and it was fine. Chevy salesman says go talk to a spring company. I called the spring co they referred me to and they say call someone else. Is there anyway to lift the rear just an inch? Spacer kit? Anything??

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for something like this myself for our long trips when we're loaded down. No interest in air ride with all the problems. This is way overkill but the idea is interesting. Not real expensive.

OP
OP
G

Gtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been looking for something like this myself for our long trips when we're loaded down. No interest in air ride with all the problems. This is way overkill but the idea is interesting. Not real expensive.

Thanks for the tip but evidently nothing for the 2021 yet

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all I have a basic Tahoe 2021, loaded some tools and stuff in the back and it's squatting. My 15 had the same junk in the rear and it was fine. Chevy salesman says go talk to a spring company. I called the spring co they referred me to and they say call someone else. Is there anyway to lift the rear just an inch? Spacer kit? Anything??
Even if you try to balance the sag of the truck with 1” spacer. I feel like that’s not helping the problem. You’re still putting a lot of weight on them springs (apparently enough to make it sag). I’d really consider helper bags if they make them yet.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timbrens work great if the suspension is usually fine and you need a boost on the rare occasion. If you always need an increased carry capacity bags or new springs will probably serve you better.

I have Timbrens in a 1500 Ram and they are the perfect mix for what I use the pickup for (it pulls max of 7k lbs maybe once a month). The big win is it retains the factory ride when not loaded and no moving parts.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip but evidently nothing for the 2021 yet
Alot of folks here run the air lift 1000 of their rigs. When I lowered my suv I called airlift and gave them the ID/width and the ID length of the springs and they gave me the part number of an air bag that would be compatible with my springs. I bought them like 6yrs ago and they are still going strong. You may wanna do that to your 2021.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of folks here run the air lift 1000 of their rigs. When I lowered my suv I called airlift and gave them the ID/width and the ID length of the springs and they gave me the part number of an air bag that would be compatible with my springs. I bought them like 6yrs ago and they are still going strong. You may wanna do that to your 2021.

air lift
then you will need something like this to make it just right
that's what I have on my Silverado, there is a smart phone app for it so you can make the air 5 psi or 50 psi, whatever you need.
has 3 memory settings but you can change it on the fly, parked, driving, anytime.
Are you guys aware the new platform has independent rear suspension? This stuff does not work with that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys aware the new platform has independent rear suspension? This stuff does not work with that.
ya I kinda figured it would be different when I plugged 2021 into the etrailer website though it came up the same as what's on my 2018, checking the airlift website they do not have anything listed currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts