2023 Yukon Denali - Jack recommendation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yaardvark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what height you need to hit on a jack to get the tires off the ground? My smaller floor jacks aren't beefy enough and need to upgrade anyways. Would this guy have enough lift (19 7/8")?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With any jack, it depends on the lift point that you put the jack under. Put your current jack under the lower arm and should get the tire off the ground.

OP
OP
Y

Yaardvark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right, but I'll be purchasing a new one anyways to make it easier to get a couple of my other cars in the air easier (need the low profile) so while I'm at it, would like to get one that I can be sure will get the Yukon up.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, but I'll be purchasing a new one anyways to make it easier to get a couple of my other cars in the air easier (need the low profile) so while I'm at it, would like to get one that I can be sure will get the Yukon up.
This is what I have and it works great on all our vehicles.

Make sure you get jack stands with the same height as the jack. I have a couple 6 ton jack stands that work well and have enough height.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yep, Harbor Freight has decent jacks, I have a 3 ton aluminum one, Pittsburg, that I got at HB. Inexpensive, IMO, and good enough for around the house personal vehicles.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carefull with jacking up from the frame.
I’s coated with some real slippery anti rust coating, car slipped off my jack in no time. wheels were on it so no problem.

used the factory jack to lift it instead.

Use jackstands or some other means of supporting the car. don’t rely on hydraulics alone.

@Yaardvark
A small cylinder jack works if you put some blocks of wood under it if it’s not tall enough but you’ll need about 6” - 7” of frame rise

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9