2023 Yukon Denali 6.2L Idle Vibration - Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj40371

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All. New owner here. Since i first took delivery at 5 miles, I've noticed a intermittent vibration at idle, mostly when stopped at stoplight - felt in seat and floorboard. Like a slight kick.

I've read alot about idle vibrations due to lean mix/low idle speeds for emissions - is this what it is? I have not noticed any other performance issues and the service department did spend an hour test driving/looking it over a couple days after delivery, finding no problems/codes.

Thanks in Advance for any input!

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty typical to me as my 5.3L Tahoe does the same thing most of the time.

I’d make sure you’re using the Premium TopTier gas as yours requires the Premium fuel. Using the TopTier fuel did make mine seem to run a little smoother at idle although it might just be in my head too. :)

OP
OP
tj40371

tj40371

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would swear its related to the low idle but keep reading about fuel injector issues being a new-ish problem. Maybe I'll try a couple tanks of the name brand top tier gas, rather than the place I've been using. I'm only at 1300 miles.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would swear its related to the low idle but keep reading about fuel injector issues being a new-ish problem. Maybe I'll try a couple tanks of the name brand top tier gas, rather than the place I've been using. I'm only at 1300 miles.
My 6.2 had a little idle stumble when I first got it. I attributed it to potential condensation in the fuel tank since it was shipped from Texas to Minnesota in n February with about 5 gal of gas in it.

After about 600 miles (two tanks) I never noticed it again. I’m at 15k now. Either I’m used to it as a characteristic of the engine, or it’s gone.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice a slight stumble in every GM suv or truck. It seems to be pretty normal. Some will say they don't feel it but it is definitely a thing that a lot of these rigs do. I noticed it immediately when test driving our '21 when it had 3 miles on it. Was hoping it wasn't going to be a thing but it is

mkrowland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2021 Yukon Denali at 43k miles and mine does the same thing. It will typically idle very low at the stoplight (like 100-300 rpm). If I manually rev it to 500-600 rpm it goes away. I took it to the dealer to demonstrate and they said while it does seem low it could be the Active Fuel Management doing its thing. It is bothersome to me though and doesn’t seem right.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2021 Yukon Denali at 43k miles and mine does the same thing. It will typically idle very low at the stoplight (like 100-300 rpm). If I manually rev it to 500-600 rpm it goes away. I took it to the dealer to demonstrate and they said while it does seem low it could be the Active Fuel Management doing its thing. It is bothersome to me though and doesn’t seem right.
I don't think these V8's will run @ 100 RPM...or even 300. If yours is idling that low, you best get it to the dealer. Feel iike the normal Idle is 500 RPM, and even this is low. If you feel a stumble, jitter, etc, suggest take it to deler, you have powertrain warranty to 60k/5years

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trick idles between 500-600 rpms when sitting at a light or parked. When it gets closer to 500 rpms, i can feel a slight shudder. If yours is idlong at 1-300 rpm, it needs checked out. Something is going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut