2023 Yukon Denali 6.2L, Dead at 3600 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very UNPROFESSIONAL way to pull an expensive engine. Notice the way the chains are bolted to the engine. Any self respecting mechanic would use what is called an engine fixture that bolts directly to the engine for removal. I even have several at home to remove GM engines and other brands also. Only question I have is where is the shade tree? Someone needs to tell that dealership to spend a little of that 100 bucks an hour labor and buy an engine bracket!

Who cares? There is nothing shade tree about using a chain to pick up a powertrain component. Get a life.

black1970

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey 91RS-If you can tell me why my 07 Tahoe keeps cranking after letting go of the key every morning until the engine starts after replacing the starter 3 times with a GM the last time and replacing the starter relay and the switch. This only happens mostly when the engine is cool. Never had this problem until the original starter went bad at 200,000 miles. Also have shimmed the starter with no luck. I will gladly get a life. BTW I have worked at several dealerships from El Paso to Nashville. Most needed a shade tree in their shops to complete the scene. When it costs 10,000 dollars to open the door every morning they have to lie about what they had for breakfast. JM2CW

nicoles747

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up our truck (finally) after a 9 month wait on the custom order -January 9th. 2023 Yukon Denali with 6.2L. Logged some good mileage, really enjoying the vehicle and all it has to offer. 3600 miles later and exactly 1 month to the day on Feb 9th -

Driving home 1 block from my house, engine shuts off, car goes into neutral and that’s it. I rolled up the hill and pulled over to the curb. Both Kids asleep in the back on an 80° day. Battery good. Car wouldn’t turn over at all. First flatbed couldn’t get us because the car was locked in park and didn't want to damage drivetrain. (3pm) Service dept at the local dealer knew no way of manually unlocking the transmission / getting the car out of “park”.

Fast forward six hours later (9pm) via GM roadside assistance, second truck arrives with correct dolly equipment, all four wheels off the ground and away we go. Cars currently sitting at the dealer with no status updates (after 1 full day) other than potential serious internal engine issues.

What bugs me is zero warning lights, zero signs of issues, really zero anything to clue me in that my vehicle is about to fully fail. With all the tech available, I’m just dead in the water on the side of the road with two sleeping kids in back .. luckily my brother in law came to the rescue in his Tesla.

My first GM Vehicle and really a pretty awful experience. Had high hopes for the 6.2L and all of the great tech this Yukon had to offer. More to come here
View attachment 391848View attachment 391849
This same thing happened to me a month ago no warning car shifted into neutral two tow trucks tried to tow finally GM roadside assistance did. It needed a whole new engine which GM paid for. It was in the dealership 28 days. The dealer said alot of the 6.2 cylinder engines are having this issue. No excuse scared the new 6.2 cylinder engine will eventually have this issue. Will never buy this car again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastline22