2023 YUKON CONSTRAINTS LIST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my Denali sits waiting for GM to pick it up, but due to constraints hasn't been built, it sat at 2000 for months as a 22. The very constraints that have prevented mine from being built as a 21, 22, and now a 23, were all just delivered on a 22 Sierra Denali I ordered for my Service Manager. It has 10 way power seats, Max Tow, 3.0L diesel, adaptive cruise control. The only things it is being retrofit for is the ventilated seats, and rear outer seat heaters. Why does GM fully equip a pickup, and not their SUV's? The only reason I ordered and waited for this one was he said he would quit if he is forced into a Ford or Ram truck. I was able to get that one in 2 months, maybe it's because pickups are starting to sit on dealer lots and they know SUV buyers will eventually settle for whatever they can get.
As of now I still have my 23 Yukon Denali on order, and ordered and Escalade a few weeks ago with a diesel, you should have seen the Sales Manager when I said diesel, I thought he was going to loose it, he said no one drives a Cadilac with a diesel these days, you want a 6.2, I told him it was a 3.0 or bust.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my Denali sits waiting for GM to pick it up, but due to constraints hasn't been built, it sat at 2000 for months as a 22. The very constraints that have prevented mine from being built as a 21, 22, and now a 23, were all just delivered on a 22 Sierra Denali I ordered for my Service Manager. It has 10 way power seats, Max Tow, 3.0L diesel, adaptive cruise control. The only things it is being retrofit for is the ventilated seats, and rear outer seat heaters. Why does GM fully equip a pickup, and not their SUV's? The only reason I ordered and waited for this one was he said he would quit if he is forced into a Ford or Ram truck. I was able to get that one in 2 months, maybe it's because pickups are starting to sit on dealer lots and they know SUV buyers will eventually settle for whatever they can get.
As of now I still have my 23 Yukon Denali on order, and ordered and Escalade a few weeks ago with a diesel, you should have seen the Sales Manager when I said diesel, I thought he was going to loose it, he said no one drives a Cadilac with a diesel these days, you want a 6.2, I told him it was a 3.0 or bust.
GM allocates more diesels to the trucks than the suvs

MCMcBride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a question for all you more experienced orderers out there. If my Yukon XL Denali Ultimate order is 3rd in line at my dealership, when do you think GMC will pick it up? I don’t want to get my hopes up but they are kind of getting anxious right now. Also would you go with the tires that come with the build or upgrade? If you upgrade, what do you upgrade to if you have a 4x4 diesel coming in?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question for all you more experienced orderers out there. If my Yukon XL Denali Ultimate order is 3rd in line at my dealership, when do you think GMC will pick it up? I don’t want to get my hopes up but they are kind of getting anxious right now. Also would you go with the tires that come with the build or upgrade? If you upgrade, what do you upgrade to if you have a 4x4 diesel coming in?

on the first question (is it the 3rd in line for an Ultimate or 3rd Yukon) - either way, nobody other than your dealership can really give you a good idea since they'll know best on how they've been receiving allocations.

With that said...if it's a larger dealership that has been getting numerous allocations for Yukons every cycle, then you're probably a month or so out from being accepted - if you're the first Ultimate on their list. Of course they also have to get an allocation for an Ultimate along with a Yukon allocation so there's that...the Ultimate allocation may be more on an issue as they could possibly order you a SLT this week.

If it's a smaller dealership that doesn't turn over inventory much and you're the 3rd Ultimate on the list...may be more of wait...especially with it being an XL Ultimate

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@MCMcBride on top of what @todayusay - you should ask your dealer for clarity if you are 3rd in line with a diesel order. Those are only being produced at 10% currently, and allocations are very limited. So if you are #3 for a diesel, start searching for unsold stock orders at other dealers

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MCMcBride on top of what @todayusay - you should ask your dealer for clarity if you are 3rd in line with a diesel order. Those are only being produced at 10% currently, and allocations are very limited. So if you are #3 for a diesel, start searching for unsold stock orders at other dealers
Exactly this - if you're stacking up multiple constrained options, you're basically trying to win the lottery. Diesel and Ultimate trim are not easy to come by and you need both of those stars to align at your dealership when they are given their allocations. The smaller the dealership, the less often they will be given the ability to order one of these constraints.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM allocates more diesels to the trucks than the suvs
What about the other items that you haven't been able to get for months on an SUV, yet there seems to be no issue equipping a truck. I am guessing since there are some truck sitting in inventory on local lots GM is making sure the equipment is there so folks don;t go elsewhere, and since SUV's seem to be the premium GM figures the SUV owners will take what they can get, pay MSRP, or in some cases more, so why equip those.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the other items that you haven't been able to get for months on an SUV, yet there seems to be no issue equipping a truck. I am guessing since there are some truck sitting in inventory on local lots GM is making sure the equipment is there so folks don;t go elsewhere, and since SUV's seem to be the premium GM figures the SUV owners will take what they can get, pay MSRP, or in some cases more, so why equip those.
I don’t have a definite answer for you, I don’t work for GM. But my guess and I agree with you, I would say what is on constraint for a Tahoe/yukon might not be on constraint for the trucks. They don’t wana lose their truck customers to the competition

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts