2023 YUKON CONSTRAINTS LIST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yaardvark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe you need to try some other dealers if they aren't getting any allocations. The dealer I talked to said he got 5 Yukon XL orders last week and 2 this week. Of the 5 I think he ordered 4 Denali's and 1 AT4. These are all for dealer stock, not customer orders. I'm not sure what exactly what you are looking for on the Denali but these aren't bare-bones Denali's that he ordered like I would be looking for with a bench seat in the 2nd row.
I hear what you're saying. There are just a couple things, that if I'm spending $85k on a truck, I'm not compromising on which makes it unobtainable (actually for my wife). Unfortunately some of the things she couldn't care less about are what keep it from being ordered. For example, you can't get Max Tow, so that means you also can't get the rest of the advanced technology package. Heck, you can only get adaptive cruise if you order the SLT, not the Denali which is just mind blowing. We'd like the diesel, but the dealers are aware we'll take the 6.2l. People will buy them w/o the things we think are important, for sure. In 5 years I just can't see shelling out whatever a used one goes for, and if you're comparing one with those things, like what comes with the APT vs. a Covid Spec that may/may not have ever gotten it's retrofits for things like cooled seats, I think the resale value would suffer disproportionately.

Last edited:

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying. There are just a couple things, that if I'm spending $85k on a truck, I'm not compromising on which makes it unobtainable (actually for my wife). Unfortunately some of the things she couldn't care less about are what keep it from being ordered. For example, you can't get Max Tow, so that means you also can't get the rest of the advanced technology package. Heck, you can only get adaptive cruise if you order the SLT, not the Denali which is just mind blowing. We'd like the diesel, but the dealers are aware we'll take the 6.2l. People will buy them w/o the things we think are important, for sure. In 5 years I just can't see shelling out whatever a used one goes for, and if you're comparing one with those things, like what comes with the APT vs. a Covid Spec that may/may not have ever gotten it's retrofits for things like cooled seats, I think the resale value would suffer disproportionately.
Maybe we are talking about two different things. In your earlier post you said your dealer wasn't getting any allocations, so that's why I suggested trying another dealer (possibly larger) to increase your chances of getting an allocation. I know some dealers are definitely getting allocations, probably the smaller ones are not. Your second point is talking about missing features. Yes I agree that I wouldn't want an $85K vehicle if it were missing features that I was expecting. I have the same position. But unfortunately some options are on constraint, so if you really want them you either have to wait until they are off constraint or decide you can live without them.

However, I must disagree on your example of Adaptive Cruise control. It is only on the SLT trim if you order the SLT Luxury Package, and that package is on constraint until at least November. So at this point, you cannot get it on the SLT. However, on the Denali, Adaptive Cruise is a $500 standalone option and as far as I know, that option is not on constraint. I actually have a base Denali in the order banks with that option but it can't move forward because I also want the diesel engine.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe we are talking about two different things. In your earlier post you said your dealer wasn't getting any allocations, so that's why I suggested trying another dealer (possibly larger) to increase your chances of getting an allocation. I know some dealers are definitely getting allocations, probably the smaller ones are not. Your second point is talking about missing features. Yes I agree that I wouldn't want an $85K vehicle if it were missing features that I was expecting. I have the same position. But unfortunately some options are on constraint, so if you really want them you either have to wait until they are off constraint or decide you can live without them.

However, I must disagree on your example of Adaptive Cruise control. It is only on the SLT trim if you order the SLT Luxury Package, and that package is on constraint until at least November. So at this point, you cannot get it on the SLT. However, on the Denali, Adaptive Cruise is a $500 standalone option and as far as I know, that option is not on constraint. I actually have a base Denali in the order banks with that option but it can't move forward because I also want the diesel engine.
Last I knew adaptive cruise was on constraint until October cuz I have a suburban on order not accepted with the $500 acc option and talked to a sales manager on a Denali and she said the system showed October for acc back in stock. Things could have changed tho....
Edit: sorry, I remember now we had this conversation before

Last edited:

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC has been on constraint on the 23 Denali's since they went into production until at least Oct. 3 from what I've heard/read.
Maybe you are correct that ACC is not available on the Denali either. I specifically asked an Inventory Manager about it and he didn't see any constraints listed for it. Plus the option was pre-selected in the ordering system when he was building out my Denali. It seems odd it would be pre-selected if it hasn't been available since the beginning of production. But you may be correct. At least that would be consistent with the SLT Luxury package being on constraint at the same time while the Luxury package on the Z71 (which doesn't include ACC) does not appear to be on constraint. Plus I am not seeing any Denali's in the 2023 inventory with the ACC option.

For me it is all a moot point anyway until my dealer can get a diesel allocation.:)

mek17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a Yukon XL Denali with the $500 adaptive cruise option and the Diesel engine on 8/23/22. It was picked up by GM the next week, built week of 9/12, and has now shipped (4300 status code). It showed up this morning on the GMC and dealers' websites. Unfortunately, it appears the adaptive cruise option was deleted at some point, which makes me think it is still on constraint. The GMC website does not show adaptive cruise, and the price shown is $500 less than the price on my order confirmation. Disappointing, but I cannot wait any longer for a vehicle for my wife.

bunky319 - encourage your dealer to submit the order with the diesel. I had been waiting for months for my dealer to get a diesel allocation, and I finally told him to put it in and see what happened. It was picked up within days.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Yukon XL Denali with the $500 adaptive cruise option and the Diesel engine on 8/23/22. It was picked up by GM the next week, built week of 9/12, and has now shipped (4300 status code). It showed up this morning on the GMC and dealers' websites. Unfortunately, it appears the adaptive cruise option was deleted at some point, which makes me think it is still on constraint. The GMC website does not show adaptive cruise, and the price shown is $500 less than the price on my order confirmation. Disappointing, but I cannot wait any longer for a vehicle for my wife.

bunky319 - encourage your dealer to submit the order with the diesel. I had been waiting for months for my dealer to get a diesel allocation, and I finally told him to put it in and see what happened. It was picked up within days.
Interesting info. This probably explains why the Inventory Manager seemed to think it wasn't on constraint. Maybe it is documented some other place. But yes, that is disappointing. If they are taking an option off, they should be telling you about it in advance and give you the opportunity to delay your build if you must have it. I would be disappointed as well and would consider refusing the vehicle, but GM kind of has you by the you-know-what. Just getting a diesel allocation is hard enough so it would be very hard to walk away. We definitely need more options from the competition.

To your second point my dealer has already submitted my order with the diesel, but it will sit at 1100 status until he gets a diesel allocation.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
Interesting info. This probably explains why the Inventory Manager seemed to think it wasn't on constraint. Maybe it is documented some other place. But yes, that is disappointing. If they are taking an option off, they should be telling you about it in advance and give you the opportunity to delay your build if you must have it. I would be disappointed as well and would consider refusing the vehicle, but GM kind of has you by the you-know-what. Just getting a diesel allocation is hard enough so it would be very hard to walk away. We definitely need more options from the competition.

To your second point my dealer has already submitted my order with the diesel, but it will sit at 1100 status until he gets a diesel allocation.
Talked to my sales mgr yesterday and he told me ACC is available on SLT and AT4 Yukons. From what I've seen and read you can order it but when its built it will not be included, so I think he is confused.

I know Denalis (what I ordered in April) will start building with ACC in October so that is what I'm waiting for.

mek17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This probably explains why the Inventory Manager seemed to think it wasn't on constraint. Maybe it is documented some other place. But yes, that is disappointing. If they are taking an option off, they should be telling you about it in advance and give you the opportunity to delay your build if you must have it.
I confirmed adaptive cruise was not on constraint when I ordered. I have a printout of the order that includes the adaptive cruise control option (KSG), and shows the event code at "2000 - accepted by GM." So something changed after that point.

I agree they should tell you if they are removing an option. I have been in regular contact with my dealer and I cannot imagine he received word that this had been removed and did not tell me. I have not seen a window sticker yet, but the options on the GMC website do not mention ACC, so I think it is gone. Disappointing, but at this point I just need to get the vehicle. (My wife doesn't care about ACC--I just like it for road trips. Not worth waiting on at this point.)

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to my sales mgr yesterday and he told me ACC is available on SLT and AT4 Yukons. From what I've seen and read you can order it but when its built it will not be included, so I think he is confused.

I know Denalis (what I ordered in April) will start building with ACC in October so that is what I'm waiting for.
I would bet that he is confused :D From what I can tell, you can't even get ACC on the AT4/Z71 (I believe because of the way the front end is designed). And on the SLT you have to order the SLT Luxury package which has been on constraint since the start of production.

However, this is interesting...I just checked the order guide and it looks like they are publishing Oct 3rd as the available date for Adaptive Cruise on the Denali. This is definitely new as it wasn't there before. Maybe this is where everyone is getting this early Oct date. I guess you guys got this info before I did :D

1663783418603.png
1663783458895.png