2023 Tahoe - Bad Injectors - 4900 Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

ChrisA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced injector #8 on a 22 Silverado with 16k miles at work today. So it is a possibility.
Can you tell me how involved this is? Sounds like you might work at a dealership service department - is this an easy repair? If this was your brand new vehicle would you have it repaired and move on and not worry or have it repaired and move on to something else?

OP
OP
C

ChrisA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update - after opening a case last week and then escalating the case yesterday with my intentions that if it sits for 30 days I will be looking for buy-back potentially or lemon law - shocking the parts were overnighted and arrived at dealer today and the repair is done and we are back on the road after 18 days.

Injector #2 was stuck open and was replaced along with seat blower replacement recall and DRL recall - so the moral of the story is if you don't want to wait in line keep pressing GM with opening a case and escalate, escalate all while be nice along the way. The dealership was great as they were at the parts mercy and they completed the repair the morning the parts arrived - kudos to them....

Captain A-A-Ron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had this happen to me when out of town last month. 23 Tahoe. Had to stay the night and take to dealership next day. Bad injector bank 5. 7400 miles. Took two weeks for replacement parts. Received rental that was covered by Chevy under warranty.

Same thing happened again yesterday. Back in dealership. However it started with codes: U0146, P050D, U152B, U0146, U0566. All codes came up when dealership checked it in. Now they saw it's all related to bad injectors.
bank 1 and 7 now having to be replaced. 8600 miles. Was told they are back ordered and it could be several weeks.

I have already contacted a lemon law lawyer and I know now I have options being in California.
Extremely frustrated as this is my 1st Chevy I purchased.
I’m curious as to your options as I too live in. CA. Also makes me nervous because our 23 Yukon will be here in a few weeks

BuckChevy25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This same thing happened to my 2023 at 700 miles Back in December. Dealer originally said the injectors were back ordered but all of the sudden they were able to get one shipped from GM in a few days. Maybe because it was such low mileage I got prioritized. I was reading this problem happening to others on this forum as well

Bowfisher1970

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 that has been at the dealership since mother's day. they said they think it's the fuel pump control module. That being said I felt like when they called that they wasn't sure what was wrong with it. It will not start just turns over no start . I only have 5200 miles on it . It turned one on 5/1 . We have not heard a word since last Monday when they give me a loaner.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a 2022 that has been at the dealership since mother's day. they said they think it's the fuel pump control module. That being said I felt like when they called that they wasn't sure what was wrong with it. It will not start just turns over no start . I only have 5200 miles on it . It turned one on 5/1 . We have not heard a word since last Monday when they give me a loaner.
Under warranty, correct?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call the fuel pump control module, a “common” problem, but there’s been at least another ~5 forum members that have reported the exact same problem and the module was the root cause.

kballard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m curious as to your options as I too live
This same thing happened to my 2023 at 700 miles Back in December. Dealer originally said the injectors were back ordered but all of the sudden they were able to get one shipped from GM in a few days. Maybe because it was such low mileage I got prioritized. I was reading this problem happening to others on this forum as well
2023 Yukon had 10 months at 7500 miles, started spitting and sputtering yesterday and all the check engine lights came on. It’s a bad fuel injector #8 and thankfully the part is in stock. Didn’t know this but if you push the blue OnStar button, they can run a full diagnostics and if you push the blue OnStar button under warranty, they can give you a free tow. Good to know and hope I never need it again. IMG_1528.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2