2023 Chevy Tahoe problems need help asap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

snake99_4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having similar issues with my 2023 Tahoe High Country… 4400 miles now. the only thing mine is doing however is check engine light flashes for a few miles and then quits. This is the second time it’s happened, both times it’s gone to the dealership… first time they told me it was bad gas, and to continue driving it. Second time, I just got it back and they supposedly reset some codes and want me to continue to drive it. I’m furious and do not trust it at all after reading all these posts.
If it’s flashing definitely misfire, first time it happened took it to dealer and they did same thing to me, said they do it all the time reset codes and let be on their way, second time took back to same dealer who kept almost a week to tell me I have to wait 3 weeks to get it diagnosed to find out what’s going on because they only have 2 OEM certified mechanics and one was out sick and other one had been working on a transmission job that they just got the part after waiting a month for. Took it to a GMC dealership who had it diagnosed within 30 minutes of me taking it there. Needless to say don’t always trust first dealership you take it too. It just took longer waiting on parts. GM needs to do a recall on this crap because you pay $60,000+ for this and you get nothing but junk but they don’t care because it’s big company lining their pockets

OP
OP
S

snake99_4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
doesn’t sound like this is happening with the diesel version?
Don’t think so but if it was you from what I have seen you can get those injectors all day. Just the 5.3 and the 6.2 are both having injector problems and those are the ones hard to get back ordered

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new 2023 Tahoe Premier with 3300 miles on it. It is currently at dealership. Yesterday, we drove it to the store. Parked it for 15-20 minutes. Came out and started it. Lights all over the dash went on saying service engine and transmission, traction control unavailable and forward collision unavailable please service. Check engine light came on. We drove it home a half mile. Lights kept flashing. The engine was running really rough. Got on the Chevy app and made an appointment for this morning. Obviously, this morning, the car is running like a champ but the check engine light is still on. Already received the call that it is the injector. The part is backordered and no estimated date of delivery. The dealer offered us a loaner which we have to take. Also, we paid to extend the warranty to the 3 year mark since they only offer 1 year now. I think that they should give me the time back for the estimated month that I can't drive the car. Super disappointed that this is happening on a brand new car.
I believe they are supposed to add the down time to the warranty on the back end. Get that info in writing from the dealership when you go in. They should be able to print out those details.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds exactly lie a bad injector problem I had on an Acadia a few years back.

dbphillips

Reaction score
Our Babymax had injector codes, but dealer wasn't liking the intermittent nature and dug deeper. Found an braded harness at the alternator bracket.

Did any of you have a repeat occurrence once injectors were replaced?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our Babymax had injector codes, but dealer wasn't liking the intermittent nature and dug deeper. Found an braded harness at the alternator bracket.

Did any of you have a repeat occurrence once injectors were replaced?
You're lucky! Very few true troubleshooters left out there. Glad to know there are at least a few.

SandrinaMaria

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2023 Tahoe Lt with 14k miles just got towed today to dealership for the same problem. Hoping it get fixed correctly, the whole reason for spending all this money on the new car was to feel safe riding with kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt