2022's? Hail Damage at the Arlington Factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bvs999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have read a few places there was a hail storm that damaged vehicles waiting to be shipped from the Arlington factory. I have a 2022 Yukon on order that was produced on November 4th and is just sitting waiting to be shipped.

Long story short, I called the dealer and got the run around as to whether my particular vehicle had damage or whether or not the hail rumors are even true. I then called and chatted with GMC customer support which was fruitless.

Outside of the dealer route, anyway to determine if my (hopefully) new vehicle for affected? My thought is it is either waiting on chips or has hail damage, I just wish the dealer or GMC would have better communication!

Thanks in advance for the advice

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looks like you have a road trip to Arlington Factory in your future or just wait and see. Welcome to the forum.

Rbhim1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told the bad hail storm was in Oct. Also hail damage vehicles were at the naval air base lot. My 21 was one of them. I cancelled and ordered a 22 which is now built and sitting at the Midlothian lot..probably waiting for chips. I ha e looked up my old 21 and it is now on the move.. unsure if it was fixed or what.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I wish you the best of outcomes in your wait for our new truck.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
I was told the bad hail storm was in Oct. Also hail damage vehicles were at the naval air base lot. My 21 was one of them. I cancelled and ordered a 22 which is now built and sitting at the Midlothian lot..probably waiting for chips. I ha e looked up my old 21 and it is now on the move.. unsure if it was fixed or what.
They prob slapped a 22 sticker on your original order n fixed the hail

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I work at has 4 sold Tahoes there and a new 2500HD with hail damage.

OP
OP
B

bvs999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealership I work at has 4 sold Tahoes there and a new 2500HD with hail damage.
Thanks, did the factory fix the damage, or was it shipped to the dealer to fix? Do you happen to know if they were 2021s or 2022s.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at this point that any 2021 that shows "in transit" is one of the hail damaged trucks. There's no reason for a 2021 to not have chips. I put in a 2022 order after they stopped making 2021s and I have my truck already (7 weeks)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne