2022 z71 Valentine 1 power cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered one from EBay as well. I am not sure if I really like that spot below the mirror. I feel like it would be to easy to see And I also always hide my detector when I park in iffy neighbor. Are you able to quickly disconnect from these mounts? Looks like it’s screwed on. I figure for $25 I will try it. Says made in Germany. Not sure I believe that.

Garth Knight

Reaction score
I usually use mirror tap solutions but these guys make a slick harness. Got one for our Camaro also.

As your sitting in the vehicle. Connector is lower left. Hardest part is getting plastic to go back on with the additional cable

D.
What year Camaro
I usually use mirror tap solutions but these guys make a slick harness. Got one for our Camaro also.

As your sitting in the vehicle. Connector is lower left. Hardest part is getting plastic to go back on with the additional cable

D.
What year Tahoe is in the pics? I have a Valentine but hadn't put it in yet. Been using my old Passport ****** that I used to use in my Camaro.

garymyman

Reaction score
I just installed the gen5diy in my ‘23 Yukon SLT this morning to run my new Uniden R7. The windshield mount is an eBay purchase from seller “formulaoneracer001” who sells a ton.
Following the directions on their YouTube video, I worked like hell to separate the inner piece from the outer piece - after getting it off I realized it was unnecessary: the big outer piece can be pulled down after prying vertically downward from its clips. Then the middle can be taken out to remove both pieces. Wasted most of my install time on this. I had no trouble in areas where others have: I had plenty of room to reinstall trim with the added volume of the harness, and the power cord didn’t affect being able to reattach the trim to the clips.

I mounted the R7 on the passenger side with enough room to fit my finger to use the top buttons. So far this is exactly the set up I envisioned when I bought the car. Haven’t tested the detector yet though!

Attachments

• 551957F6-6BF2-4BA2-8B12-09A5BC8DBB15.jpeg
    551957F6-6BF2-4BA2-8B12-09A5BC8DBB15.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the gen5diy in my ‘23 Yukon SLT this morning to run my new Uniden R7. The windshield mount is an eBay purchase from seller “formulaoneracer001” who sells a ton.
Following the directions on their YouTube video, I worked like hell to separate the inner piece from the outer piece - after getting it off I realized it was unnecessary: the big outer piece can be pulled down after prying from its clips. Then the middle can be taken out to remove both pieces. Wasted most of my install time on this. I had no trouble in areas where others have: I had plenty of room to reinstall trim with the added volume of the harness, and the power cord didn’t affect being able to reattach the trim to the clips.

I mounted the R7 on the passenger side with enough room to fit my finger to use the top buttons. So far this is exactly the set up I envisioned when I bought the car. Haven’t tested the detector yet though!
That location but on drivers side is where I will put mine. I bought a small mount with 3M tape to mount on that textured area of windshield. I was worried that the signal would be blocked by that area on the windshield, but I tesTed a couple of times and it does not seem to interfere.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if you can help me? I've had a V1 for many years and always had it hardwired (2007 Denali, 2010 Platinum, 2017 Luxury) and recently had it wired in my 21 Sport BUT when the auto stop turns on or if the door opens the V1 cycles off and on. My buddy who always wired it for me says it was a PITA on this truck and would have to see if he can fix it.

What is the trick to make it right?

TIA & Happy New Year!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wondering if you can help me? I've had a V1 for many years and always had it hardwired (2007 Denali, 2010 Platinum, 2017 Luxury) and recently had it wired in my 21 Sport BUT when the auto stop turns on or if the door opens the V1 cycles off and on. My buddy who always wired it for me says it was a PITA on this truck and would have to see if he can fix it.

What is the trick to make it right?

TIA & Happy New Year!
not familiar with the 21's+ but if you have a passenger airbag indicator in the roof console you might try that since it should have power during autostop

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not familiar with the 21's+ but if you have a passenger airbag indicator in the roof console you might try that since it should have power during autostop
What's odd is it doesn't turn off when auto stop shuts the engine off. The V1 cycles on and off when the engine turns back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87