2022 Z71 - how to keep it in sport mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddivinia

Reaction score
Truck boots into normal mode. Can I have it default into another mode likes sport as default?

D.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never even tried that dial out on mine and I’ve had my ‘21 since April. :)

Guessing it’s like most other GM vehicles where it defaults back to normal each time you go to start it. I’m not aware of a default setting to force it to that mode each time.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do these even have sport mode? Maybe I'm the only one out there that thinks there's nothing "sporty" about a massive american made people hauler. Unnecessary gimmick
Most vehicles are filled with unnecessary gimmicks now anyway. I used sport mode when driving through some hilly, windy terrain last weekend -- nice to maintain the higher shift points. Like you said, any handling benefit is inconsequential on something this large & heavy anyway. But the more aggressive transmission behavior is a step toward tow/haul mode, without the downside of using tow/haul when running unloaded.

OP
OP
D

ddivinia

Reaction score
The transmission shifting is much better in sport mode and I like it.

i would not say it transforms the vehicle like it does in our ZR1 or Zl1 but it change it up.

My 2019 ZR1 will stay in the last mode, but not this GM product.

D.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me sport mode seems to give a stiffer steering when I’ve used it. Keeps my exhaust sounding very nice.