2022 Yukon XL Denali RSE glitching / audio & video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisbrns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
250 Miles in on 22 Yukon xl denali with the RSE package. I've followed a post here about setting up the Roku expresses. Picked them up at bestbuy yesterday as well as a USB C to MicroUSB dongle. Everything seems to be working fine until our trip back home (Wedding/dealer trade on the way) to find the audio and video seems to randomly just glitch out. It seems like it's a system/software issue with the RSE vs the actual Roku device. I'm almost wondering if it has something to do with the media controls or computer that runs the screen mirroring... Anywho, I know it's still pretty new, but wondering if anyone with this package has this issue - It's random, but will do the glitch sometimes every 15-30 seconds, then not for 5 min. The audio makes a distinct digital noise "brrrep" sound and the screen goes black, and then it all comes back and continues playing.

It's frustrating that the RSE doesn't have native apps to use and requires an external device... Even more frustrating that now it seems this workaround has issues like audio and video disruptions. It seems like it was just not thought through at all.

bam01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am still waiting on my Tahoe XL (since May) but have given some thought as to best use the RSE when it does come in. Currently we just use a lightening/HDMI adapter and run the media straight from our cell phone with on our Honda Odyssey and this works really well. Can this be an option on the Yukons? I like it as you can control the content directly from the phone and not have to have all the external devices running. Downside is that if an incoming call comes in it interrupts the stream. Also thought about using an old iphone laying around exclusively for this purpose and pay for another device with my current cell phone provider vs a data plan on the truck itself.

If I didn't have 4 kiddos under 4 I'm not so sure I would even opt for the RSE will all the trouble everyone is having with it. If they were bigger I'd just let them use a completely separate device like a android or fire tablet. But since they cannot control the content themselves I like the idea of being able to control it from the front seats for them.

Pifemaster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
250 Miles in on 22 Yukon xl denali with the RSE package. I've followed a post here about setting up the Roku expresses. Picked them up at bestbuy yesterday as well as a USB C to MicroUSB dongle. Everything seems to be working fine until our trip back home (Wedding/dealer trade on the way) to find the audio and video seems to randomly just glitch out. It seems like it's a system/software issue with the RSE vs the actual Roku device. I'm almost wondering if it has something to do with the media controls or computer that runs the screen mirroring... Anywho, I know it's still pretty new, but wondering if anyone with this package has this issue - It's random, but will do the glitch sometimes every 15-30 seconds, then not for 5 min. The audio makes a distinct digital noise "brrrep" sound and the screen goes black, and then it all comes back and continues playing.

It's frustrating that the RSE doesn't have native apps to use and requires an external device... Even more frustrating that now it seems this workaround has issues like audio and video disruptions. It seems like it was just not thought through at all.
I have a 22 Yukon Denali with the Ultimate package. I ended up going with a Roku Streaming Stick and a 90 degree HDMI adapter.

So far it seems to be working well. I am using the Yukon's built in AC power to power the Roku (as opposed to the USB C).

Is there a possibility that you have a loose or defective HDMI cable. The symptoms you indicated seem to point to that as a possible cause.

OP
OP
C

Chrisbrns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am still waiting on my Tahoe XL (since May) but have given some thought as to best use the RSE when it does come in. Currently we just use a lightening/HDMI adapter and run the media straight from our cell phone with on our Honda Odyssey and this works really well. Can this be an option on the Yukons? I like it as you can control the content directly from the phone and not have to have all the external devices running. Downside is that if an incoming call comes in it interrupts the stream. Also thought about using an old iphone laying around exclusively for this purpose and pay for another device with my current cell phone provider vs a data plan on the truck itself.

If I didn't have 4 kiddos under 4 I'm not so sure I would even opt for the RSE will all the trouble everyone is having with it. If they were bigger I'd just let them use a completely separate device like a android or fire tablet. But since they cannot control the content themselves I like the idea of being able to control it from the front seats for them.
I like the idea of running the content from driver seat. I wonder how possible it is to manage if solo parenting. We should be able to do this, but I think the 22's removed USB c as media source and is just a charge port for now. Thanks for the reply.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From mine the front can turn the screens on and off, start/stop screen sharing and “listen in”.

picked ours up yesterday and within 5 minutes of watching a video from my iphone it glitched. Switched to roku and so far, no glitches yet but we will see.

Pifemaster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From mine the front can turn the screens on and off, start/stop screen sharing and “listen in”.

picked ours up yesterday and within 5 minutes of watching a video from my iphone it glitched. Switched to roku and so far, no glitches yet but we will see.
I am assuming that you have the Apple lightning to HDMI adapter? If not, how did you watch the video from your iPhone? I have the Roku in my 22 Denali, but still do not have a bunch of time on it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons