2022 Yukon Tow Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you "Can" tow with this vehicle, it's not really a good towing vehicle of any substance. Air ride does help. If you are occasionally towing a boat or towing a trailer around the local area, yes, no big deal. But if you regularly want to go cross country with a reasonable travel trailer or the like, you would be much better served by an appropriate truck (3/4 Ton Min...)

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my boat out of storage yesterday, it weighs around 4500 lbs loaded. Tongue weight is about 600 lbs.
Hooked it up, squatted for a bit, then the air ride kicked in, lifted it up level again, zero squat.
6.2 Denali drags the boat like it isn't even there.

Realizing that i'm still 3500lbs under the max tow rating of 8000 lbs, I think its a great tow vehicle if you stick to the capacities in the trailering guide.

Agree that if you are towing heavy, at/near max, a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup is a better option.

TFL truck took a High Country Suburban up the IKE gauntlet w/ a 7000lb Horse Trailer behind it, and they were impressed.

I think Air Ride and Max Tow are requirements on this thing if you are towing though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2