2022 Yukon driver side floor soaked!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacfanweb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've done that TSB a few times, but most of these with this water leak concern have an issue where the drain tube exit spout isn't "clicked" tightly against the firewall, and even though most of the water is going outside, some is still draining back inside. It's pretty hard to find if you don't do these pretty often and know about it. To see it leak, you have to remove the A pillar, the speaker, and then pry back the insulation so you can see the bottom of the sunroof drain exit spout, and THEN you have to be lucky enough to see a drop fall at the right time.

Sometimes you can just push the spout against the opening and it'll "click" and be tight, but usually not and you have to replace it. The new ones come with an extension tube as that TSB talks about.

The TSB listed above isn't for a leak, it's for a gurgling noise, but the fix for the noise also eliminates the leak, and if you need a new drain tube you're automatically going to get one with the extension tube on it.

The TSB actually has you fab and install extension tubes on to the existing drains, which is kind of a pain, but it works if you have that gurgling noise, AND it'll fix a leak as well, although I usually just install a new drain tube as that's much easier than installing an extension on the existing tube.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM now has a TSB that mentions the spot welds at the top of the windshield, in addition to the sunroof drain hose issues (front and back). I know this isn't really the time of the year that many owners will see leaks, but hopefully this document comes in handy for someone to show their dealer if they are having issues getting them to find the source of a leak.

Pacfanweb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
"
GM now has a TSB that mentions the spot welds at the top of the windshield, in addition to the sunroof drain hose issues (front and back). I know this isn't really the time of the year that many owners will see leaks, but hopefully this document comes in handy for someone to show their dealer if they are having issues getting them to find the source of a leak.

From the TSB, part about the spot welds:
"Note: It may be necessary to remove windshield"

There's no "may be" to it...it's absolutely necessary. If you seal the holes from inside the cab, the water will just travel and enter somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17