2022 Yukon Denali: Dealer Markup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$2,500 over MSRP and $1,500 for trailer from WI to FL for my 2022 Yukon XL AT4....Well worth it imo.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just going to put this out there as I'm not sure if it's been stated yet but dealers are willing to negotiate on the markups. When we bought our '21 last august they immediately hit me with a $10k markup and said that was their standard markup on all suvs other than escalade ($30k markup). This was the first I'd heard of the markups but after a little back and forth (all over the phone, vehicle in transit at the time) we settled on $5k over msrp and I considered that a win given this was like the 10th dealer I'd talked to in a couple weeks and nobody had anything available for sale. This was with no trade in (they offered pennies for our '11 suburban) and private financing through our credit union so not much room for them to make any money anywhere else on this deal.

Some dealers might tell you to kick rocks if you try to negotiate the markup but it's at least worth asking about. Talking with the sales manager is going to get you better results than going through your salesguy though.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just going to put this out there as I'm not sure if it's been stated yet but dealers are willing to negotiate on the markups. When we bought our '21 last august they immediately hit me with a $10k markup and said that was their standard markup on all suvs other than escalade ($30k markup). This was the first I'd heard of the markups but after a little back and forth (all over the phone, vehicle in transit at the time) we settled on $5k over msrp and I considered that a win given this was like the 10th dealer I'd talked to in a couple weeks and nobody had anything available for sale. This was with no trade in (they offered pennies for our '11 suburban) and private financing through our credit union so not much room for them to make any money anywhere else on this deal.

Some dealers might tell you to kick rocks if you try to negotiate the markup but it's at least worth asking about. Talking with the sales manager is going to get you better results than going through your salesguy though.

worst that they can say is no...

I tried to negotiate with a couple dealers with their add-on prices - this at dealers that had both markup and add-ons and add-ons only...unsuccessful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64