2022 Yukon AT4 - Complete shutdown of electronic controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Software running on phones made in…
You realise a lot of things we associate with quality comes from there?

Never understood the xenophobia some people have.

China is Americas biggest trading partner and the industrial center of the world. We can change that if we don't mind paying more for the same quality stuff we already get but Americans are cheap overall so here we are.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mountain view, ca (google headquarters), the vehicle isn't made in china, neither is the software.

I didn’t say anything about the vehicle or software being made in China but I’d sure be willing to bet a lot of these vehicles electronic parts are
You realise a lot of things we associate with quality comes from there?

Never understood the xenophobia some people have.

China is Americas biggest trading partner and the industrial center of the world. We can change that if we don't mind paying more for the same quality stuff we already get but Americans are cheap overall so here we are.
I don’t have any xenophobia I’m just saying lots of stuff on the shelves in America and ordered online is cheap shit from China and it’s really hard to deny the lack of quality on a lot of this stuff. GM is no different than your average American, they want stuff for as cheap as possible and that usually means poor quality

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn’t say anything about the vehicle or software being made in China but I’d sure be willing to bet a lot of these vehicles electronic parts are

I don’t have any xenophobia I’m just saying lots of stuff on the shelves in America and ordered online is cheap shit from China and it’s really hard to deny the lack of quality on a lot of this stuff. GM is no different than your average American, they want stuff for as cheap as possible and that usually means poor quality
Cheap stuff is cheap stuff lol.

Doesnt mean that's all they can produce.

China builds to order/spec. No different then anywhere else. Want super cheap? ok. Want high quality ? Ok.

want super cheap and high quality? Me too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gm parts are made all over the world, including china but not exclusive to china

OP
OP
SwampDog

SwampDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lovely dissertations, but please start a new thread so I might get meaningful input relevant to my vehicle issue!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lovely dissertations, but please start a new thread so I might get meaningful input relevant to my vehicle issue!
Your best course is describe the issue to your dealer. GM has no good path to report bugs other than via the dealer. Be patient with them, and ask the service manager how you might report this issue to GM, since it only happened once, and it isn’t happening now..

That said, if it ever happens again, getting a cell phone video of it would be helpful (realizing that may be difficult when in the middle of traffic with the radio volume set to “Make Ears Bleed.”)

The other thing you might do is open a case/complaint on the NHTSA web site.

I agree this issue is super frustrating; I just think those of us who have had our vehicles for a bit and have experienced quirks in the software are venting…as our expectations were higher…and for the $ we all paid, they should be. Good luck

OP
OP
SwampDog

SwampDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022 Yukon AT4 - Complete shutdown of electronic controls: extremely disturbing event; the scenario...
Driving (pulled out of parking lot)
Both remotes in vehicle
SiriusXM on w/music
Turned audio volume down from steering wheel
Music volume immediately jumped to highest level
Volume would not respond to steering wheel or radio knob
Could not turn off or change volume via radio knob
(pulled over)
Engine shut-off but immediately restarted with audio at full volume and no response to any controls (wheel, infotainment, radio knob)
Tried to use remote: lock/unlock/stop, but no response
Changed source from SiriusXM to Android Auto via steering wheel controls and was able to reduce volume and all controls returned to normal.

This was very alarming, and challenging to moange while I found a place to pull over safely. TOok my about ten minutes of mind-numbing voloume to randomly change the source which seemed to allow all to return to normal. I noticed later, that whehn I tuned to SIriusXM, the audio volume was again at maximum, but I was able to reduce it normally.
UPDATE: Just got vehicle back from dealer service. They found no problems and could not duplicate the shutdown event. However, they did install a software update: 80yz161828374. I could find no info on that update online. Problem has not (yet) recurred).

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with basically putting a computer on wheels is they neglect to put a way to reboot things easily. How many times have you rebooted your PC or laptop over glitches? Put a battery disconnect on it, when it glitches, find a safe spot, shut it off, turn off the battery for a few minutes, turn it back on, just reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17