2022 Tahoe Z71 Tubular Assist Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
Hey all, after my order sitting for 2 months at 1100 I gave up and located exactly what I wanted, out of state approx 5 hour drive each way but it was totally worth it! The only downside is, the Z71 assist steps don't come installed from the factory, they're a dealer installed item. (No idea why...) Anyways, they're currently backordered, I picked up the truck this past weekend but now once the steps arrive it's either a 12 hour day back to the selling dealer or they ship to me to install on my own - anyone know if these are a difficult install?

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same backorder. Fortunately it is only 1+20 each way. Arrived last Friday, picked up yesterday (12/6). Called yesterday to advise the boards came in today (12/7). Heading up there in a few hours for installation.

For your situation it could be worth asking, This question.

Find out if your local dealers…(not selling dealer). is part of a “Auto Group”. Same owner/‘s. if yes see if you could either have the two service ort GM‘s figure out a way to install and. Bill GM. Other option is to Play GM and use the social media there’s game and force them to had local dealer install and GM to reimburse. Threat of social media backlash may have them take care of it. Get that in writing but be ready to fork out your cash during that time.

OP
OP
M

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
The selling dealer actually tried that route, even re-directing the shipment of the boards to a dealer near me, however Chevy requires them to be shipped to the selling dealer. Thanks for the tip however!

2022z71NGB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The selling dealer actually tried that route, even re-directing the shipment of the boards to a dealer near me, however Chevy requires them to be shipped to the selling dealer. Thanks for the tip however!
Did you end up putting them on yourself. I literally have the same situation. Found one 4 hours away and they are shipping the boards to me. Want to know how hard they are to put on.

OP
OP
M

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
Not yet. Mine just arrived and they’re shipping them out to me Monday or Tuesday. Will have to report back!! If you get them first, let me know, lol!

KingAK55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, after my order sitting for 2 months at 1100 I gave up and located exactly what I wanted, out of state approx 5 hour drive each way but it was totally worth it! The only downside is, the Z71 assist steps don't come installed from the factory, they're a dealer installed item. (No idea why...) Anyways, they're currently backordered, I picked up the truck this past weekend but now once the steps arrive it's either a 12 hour day back to the selling dealer or they ship to me to install on my own - anyone know if these are a difficult install?
I heard the tubular steps are from a manufacturer in Canada, and along with everything else, they area backed up and dealing with customs delays, so as soon as the dealer can get them they'll install them.

Sessions

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, new to a Tahoe and the forum. I picked up a Z71 on January 15th and waiting on side steps. This thread was helpful. It looks like I'm not unreasonable to think it could take a month for them to get here?

OP
OP
M

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
Not at all, Took delivery of mine on 12/4 (dealer actually had it for a week or two on the lot, shocking!!) and the steps arrived to them around 1/7 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14