Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northsidephil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As of last Saturday went and looked at two different 2022 Z71 suburbans at two different dealers. Neither had rear entertainment which is on the list of must haves. I did a quick search online and saw no 2022 with rear entertainment. Which was present on pretty much every 2021 listed as a used car sale. Given the current prices of 2021 vs new 2022 I just can’t justify bitting the bullet on a truck with 40k just to save a couple grand. I’ve seen numerous threads on constraints which are currently complicating this ordering process. My dealer informed me there is a possibility model year 2023 could bring back Rear Entertainment but he suspects it wouldn’t be available right away when 2023 start taking orders. So here we are again, waiting again, just to hurry up and wait in line. You’d think with the prices they are asking now a days you be able to have it you way. Anybody else on the verge of just getting a 2018-2020 Escalade Platinum and just letting the new gen go through the growing pains?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rse has been a constraint for a long time, and i thing someone else had posted a thread of a homemade RSE system for their ride. I dont know where it is, but was a pretty good looking setup. If RSE is a must have for you, you may end up waiting a long time for it in a 23 even. Good luck on finding what you are wanting in your ride!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of last Saturday went and looked at two different 2022 Z71 suburbans at two different dealers. Neither had rear entertainment which is on the list of must haves. I did a quick search online and saw no 2022 with rear entertainment. Which was present on pretty much every 2021 listed as a used car sale. Given the current prices of 2021 vs new 2022 I just can’t justify bitting the bullet on a truck with 40k just to save a couple grand. I’ve seen numerous threads on constraints which are currently complicating this ordering process. My dealer informed me there is a possibility model year 2023 could bring back Rear Entertainment but he suspects it wouldn’t be available right away when 2023 start taking orders. So here we are again, waiting again, just to hurry up and wait in line. You’d think with the prices they are asking now a days you be able to have it you way. Anybody else on the verge of just getting a 2018-2020 Escalade Platinum and just letting the new gen go through the growing pains?
I built a 23 suburban on my salesman’s auto book and RSE was listed as an option to add where as the 22’s it wasn’t. Only way to know is to get your dealers weekly constraint list from GM. My dealer always got them Thursday mornings....

JerseySUP

Reaction score
We ended up just buying a couple Amazon Fire HD tablets and headrest mounts, also on Amazon. I then ran the USB charging cable through the back of the front seats (between the “leather” and the seat padding) and out through the bottom using an electrician’s fish tape. Plugged it into the two USB outlets in the center console using 90 degree USB adapters. Added in two sets of Bluetooth headphones. Works well so far and cost less than $300 all in. This could easily be replicated with an iPad or any other kind of tablet. The kids love it and they have access to more games, apps, etc than the RSE offered.

FF31870D-BB00-464E-8FF9-F13A6C539DD3.jpeg

99B297AB-C0A6-493A-B608-8AA6597A480C.jpeg

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that again here. I knew i seen it but couldnt remember where.

OP
OP
N

northsidephil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I built a 23 suburban on my salesman’s auto book and RSE was listed as an option to add where as the 22’s it wasn’t. Only way to know is to get your dealers weekly constraint list from GM. My dealer always got them Thursday mornings....
Thanks this is helpful. If I may ask how recently did you make this build?, I’ll have to get back on the horn and see who can make this happen instead of just taking word that it is not an option.

OP
OP
N

northsidephil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ended up just buying a couple Amazon Fire HD tablets and headrest mounts, also on Amazon. I then ran the USB charging cable through the back of the front seats (between the “leather” and the seat padding) and out through the bottom using an electrician’s fish tape. Plugged it into the two USB outlets in the center console using 90 degree USB adapters. Added in two sets of Bluetooth headphones. Works well so far and cost less than $300 all in. This could easily be replicated with an iPad or any other kind of tablet. The kids love it and they have access to more games, apps, etc than the RSE offered.

View attachment 375999

View attachment 376000
Wow, so it was suggested by my salesman that aftermarket is an option, but at the time and without having the visual kinda made me not want to take that route. But now seeing it installed I can see there are some pros. One thinking about what I may or may not be able to do with the RSE unit and what apps/games it will play nice with. Two the ability to swap out units as they get outdated. Three if kids (which I’m currently waiting on number 5 to land any minute) happen to damage/break a unit. Question are you able to sync your tablets to mirror each other? And play audio over the factory stereo?

mjrgoblue79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like RSE is back for the 23's. It's not on the constraint list for this week, which is the first week of production. I also saw where some 22's with certain packages were coming with RSE's now.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks this is helpful. If I may ask how recently did you make this build?, I’ll have to get back on the horn and see who can make this happen instead of just taking word that it is not an option.
I just did this the other day, the only constraint listed when I built a high country was adaptive cruise and super cruise. If I built a premier it was missing a ton of stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094