2022 suburban LS screen upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Asnsurfnut

Asnsurfnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well unfortunately no shop was confident enough to attempt. Old screen back in! Thanks for trying to help.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for my LS to be delivered and was wondering the same. Thanks for trying so I don’t have to (yet) but certainly hoping one day this will be an easy upgrade!

How difficult was it to replace the screen? I see you had a a lot of your dashboard exposed :eek: not sure if I dare to do it on a brand new vehicle.

Btw - have you looked into replacing the instrument cluster with the full lcd ? :gr_grin:

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for my LS to be delivered and was wondering the same. Thanks for trying so I don’t have to (yet) but certainly hoping one day this will be an easy upgrade!

How difficult was it to replace the screen? I see you had a a lot of your dashboard exposed :eek: not sure if I dare to do it on a brand new vehicle.

Btw - have you looked into replacing the instrument cluster with the full lcd ? :gr_grin:
Full instument cluster lcd would be awesome to do as an upgrade for the ls. Somehow i dont think it will work. But we can hope amd i would definitely do it myself.

OP
OP
Asnsurfnut

Asnsurfnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Well… It requires a decent part of the dash to be removed. Having said that now that I’ve done it it would take about 10-15 min. Ideally you would have to remove the center consol as well, but you can barely squeeze it out. I could make a quick video of you or anyone really needed it.

I have not considered the instrument cluster swap. I assumed it wouldn’t be possible or would cost too much. The screen to me seemed doable. With the same connections I figured they act as a monitor. I’m sure someone will figure it out but to be honest the screen is 5x better than my 2021 silverado screen that’s the same size. The suburban screen is much faster and feels way different despite the display looking identical to the silverado screen. I hope you try though and it works! But I’m content now. After the lift and tires of course.

OP
OP
Asnsurfnut

Asnsurfnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

One idea is still bugging me.. the screen I bought said new with a blemish and never installed… But, the screen was obviously used with no noticeable blemishes. My thought is maybeeeee it was defective. And that’s why it was pulled out of a suburban. Or maybe not and that’s just what happens. I just really don’t want to do this all over again. I did break two clips and I really hate doing that. The design on a couple of the clips are horrible and very weak. It would be close to impossible to not break something pulling it apart.

DiamindIron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any update on screen upgrade on 2022 suburban LS? Would love to get rid of the silly 8” screen. I do realize that on 2021 LS suburban, they had the 10” screen. But in 2022 they switched to 8” . If larger screen worked on LS in 2021 models, gives me hope it would work on 2022 LS. Any thoughts would be much appreciate

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Asnsurfnut do you remember the part number you purchased? After some googling I found there are (at least) two part numbers 84805427 and 84805425 for seemingly the same thing(?)… at least I was able to find both for sale. Was wondering which one you purchased and I may try the opposite.

Cquintj3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well… It requires a decent part of the dash to be removed. Having said that now that I’ve done it it would take about 10-15 min. Ideally you would have to remove the center consol as well, but you can barely squeeze it out. I could make a quick video of you or anyone really needed it.

I have not considered the instrument cluster swap. I assumed it wouldn’t be possible or would cost too much. The screen to me seemed doable. With the same connections I figured they act as a monitor. I’m sure someone will figure it out but to be honest the screen is 5x better than my 2021 silverado screen that’s the same size. The suburban screen is much faster and feels way different despite the display looking identical to the silverado screen. I hope you try though and it works! But I’m content now. After the lift and tires of course.
I need It, Ive Purchased a screen that supposedly is ready, ill let you know if it works, please give me some pointers or pictures on remove the dash to do the change
Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3

Latest posts