2022 Suburban Iridescent Pearl Tricoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEO225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Suburban High Country with the Iridescent Pearl Tricoat. I have noticed that appears to be what looks little rust specs on the lower part of the rear lift gate and on top of the rear bumper. Has anyone else seen this?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is common with all vehicles, and especially easy to see w/ white paint. Clay bar will usually remove them. Usually environmental things like rail dust, driving all winter in salt environment, etc.

My body shop friend told me never to ONLY use touchless car washes, as they don't adequately remove these small iron containing environmental specs, which imbed in the clear and then corrode. Car washes w/ the brushes, or washing using high quality car soap and a mit fairly regularly are your best defense against this issue. Else a clay bar treatment once a year.

Worry not, your body panels are not rusting (esp since the liftgate is aluminum).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum