2022 speed limit blank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want it to work but on some main roads I got dashes for parts of the road.
my wife’s 23 Tahoe works perfectly. My 23 suburban has issues.
Took it to dealer. They updated the program, so now it’s like the 23 Tahoe where the sign disappears now instead of the dashes (when in a parking lot or it’s got no information ). So it still doesn’t work properly. On major roadways in cities the info is gone). where Is this data stored. There has to be a hardware problem. Antenna or receiver.
The data is in the offline map downloaded by the head unit.
If you don't have a data plan, you don't get offline maps downloaded.

Assuming you have a data plan, it should happen automatically, but if you want to kick start it, connect the vehicle to WiFi (in your garage, to your cell hotspot, at Starbucks, whatever), Hit the Map, select the settings icon, select offline maps, download an offline map...
This will work for a few days if you don't have data...then the map will expire and try to re-download...if you have a data plan, you will be good, if not..back to where you are now.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The data is in the offline map downloaded by the head unit.
If you don't have a data plan, you don't get offline maps downloaded.

Assuming you have a data plan, it should happen automatically, but if you want to kick start it, connect the vehicle to WiFi (in your garage, to your cell hotspot, at Starbucks, whatever), Hit the Map, select the settings icon, select offline maps, download an offline map...
This will work for a few days if you don't have data...then the map will expire and try to re-download...if you have a data plan, you will be good, if not..back to where you are now.
I have the data plan. The missing sign or dashes previously are an occasional thing that occur in pretty much the same locations. While my wife’s Tahoe runs perfectly. Strange thing is that OnStar and gm tech is not able to help. Att is the carrier so that’s a setback from the start.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any places that actually have an instruction on how to use this google map system? I can’t figure out how to save locations.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any places that actually have an instruction on how to use this google map system? I can’t figure out how to save locations.

If you are signed in to your Google account, it should remember your searches and show you the most recent.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks but I’m talking about the Chevrolet system. It seems that I can’t save an address without using a smartphone.
I know it keeps previously searched addresses

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks but I’m talking about the Chevrolet system. It seems that I can’t save an address without using a smartphone.
I know it keeps preciously searched addresses
Sorry, perhaps I mis-understood...this thread discusses the 2022 model, which uses google maps as the built in navigation system. Are you asking about the 2021 model year, which had the older GM Maps w/ the SD card?

P.S. Here is how google support says to get to your personal saved places:

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, perhaps I mis-understood...this thread discusses the 2022 model, which uses google maps as the built in navigation system. Are you asking about the 2021 model year, which had the older GM Maps w/ the SD card?

P.S. Here is how google support says to get to your personal saved places:
Not 21. it‘s a 23 model

Jeffeinaz89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2022 Yukon and the speed limit on the HUD has always been blank. I have the full onstar and data package enabled and it doesn't work. What am I missing?
I went online and bought an updated SD card with US Maps from Amazon for $65 and it solved the problem. Apparently my SD card died from sitting in the 120° heat in Arizona.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505