2022 RSE Apps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edlee321

Reaction score
I finally got hulu, youtube, youtube kids app last week added even though I have had car since November 2021, but I get an error that I need to add in app video streaming subscription, I have called onstar for hours and nobody could help me. I have been bounces around between 5 different departments and nobody has any idea, I hate this this rear entertainment system, it's sucks

Attachments

• 20220525_202101.jpg
    20220525_202101.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 11

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got hulu, youtube, youtube kids app last week added even though I have had car since November 2021, but I get an error that I need to add in app video streaming subscription, I have called onstar for hours and nobody could help me. I have been bounces around between 5 different departments and nobody has any idea, I hate this this rear entertainment system, it's sucks
Dealt with same issue for months on my At4 also purchased in November 2021. Hours on phone with onstar and two tries with a dealer. All useless. The apps were added to my system but still got that onstar message. Tried deleting the MyGMC account and reinstalling but no luck. A few weeks ago came across the forced reset option. Go to SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> RESET OPTIONS -> ERASE INFOTAINMENT DATA. Be forewarned this will erase your presets, your mygmc or chevy account, and your Google account so when it reboots you have to put back in. But it fixed the Onstar error with the RSE and as a side benefit also fixed the issue with radio presets moving around. It’s been a few weeks now and the RSE apps work well and haven’t gotten the onstar streaming account error again

Edlee321

Reaction score
Go to SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> RESET OPTIONS -> ERASE
Thank you, this did the trick. GM and On Star had no clue and just offered me 5000 gmc rewards points to get lost.

What I'm hoping for is more app like YouTube tv, Netflix and Disney, but I would trade in all these if we could just go back to USB playback. I hate streaming whole driving.

Steveo123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealt with same issue for months on my At4 also purchased in November 2021. Hours on phone with onstar and two tries with a dealer. All useless. The apps were added to my system but still got that onstar message. Tried deleting the MyGMC account and reinstalling but no luck. A few weeks ago came across the forced reset option. Go to SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> RESET OPTIONS -> ERASE INFOTAINMENT DATA. Be forewarned this will erase your presets, your mygmc or chevy account, and your Google account so when it reboots you have to put back in. But it fixed the Onstar error with the RSE and as a side benefit also fixed the issue with radio presets moving around. It’s been a few weeks now and the RSE apps work well and haven’t gotten the onstar streaming account error again

I assumed GM wants you to subscribe to the in vehicle Wi-Fi to get the rear entertainment apps to work? Are you saying the apps can actually work with my own hotspot?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assumed GM wants you to subscribe to the in vehicle Wi-Fi to get the rear entertainment apps to work? Are you saying the apps can actually work with my own hotspot?
No - this was a different issue where basically the RSE system wasn't recognizing that the vehicle had an active onstar plan. However - what you're suggesting might work - I know you can connect the front infotainment to your own hotspot. Not sure if that connectivity would carry over to the RSE.

dsliwk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Happy to see YouTube and YouTube kids added (22 RST purchased 12/21).

Has anyone had any luck signing into their YouTube premium account from the second row? I continue to get the following error “this link cannot be accessed from your vehicle”. 6D16B772-E5E7-41CF-B4FE-1D0E59D2F587.jpeg

Last edited:

Nawardxb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All

Any Update on this? I have the 2022 Yukon Denali and the RSE is useless, how to get the youtube on? another issue noticed recently, once the Android Auto connected, the system keep on restarting (rebooting) several times, anyone faced such a problem? by the way, the Vehicle is in Dubai...

usmcfiredog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you get the apps to appear?

usmcfiredog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Did you do the reset for the apps to appear on your RSE. I have a new Yukon XL Denali and it is missing YouTube Kids.

Igotawhiteone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Im having this issue in my 23' Been back and forth with OnStar and they have no clue im going to try resetting the infotainment like you suggested and see if this works