2022 Orders Buyer Beware - Sitting in Texas for months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cars sitting on dealer lots is nothing new. My CTS-V sat for over 1 year. Tires were fine, and still are till this very day.

OBSSSD

Reaction score
My 2022 Tahoe 3.0 was built in May of 2022 and finally was able to take delivery 2 weeks ago. Sitting in Texas for the last 7 months I had my worries about the paint condition and tires (flat spots). My concerns were validated upon delivery.

-Paint was already swirled from being washed with all the dirt and plenty of hard spots - see BadPaint.jpeg
-3 inch bird crap burn on the roof - see birdpoop.jpeg
-Thumping and shimmy at 45-80 mph.

Purchasing dealer offered to buff the paint, I didn't want them to make things worse and took it some someone that actually knows paint and does high end ceramic coatings on everything from $300k boats to Lambos. Still waiting on the solution for the roof paint. It was my coating guy that found it. Was a PDI even done on this?

Purchasing dealer rebalanced tires and sent me on my way saying the thump and shimmy was gone. Clearly wasnt so I took it to another dealer down the road. Other dealer quickly identified all 4 tires failed a road force test. Spec is under 23 for said test, some were as high as 70! 4 new tires (warranty) and I finally have a smooth ride.

Moral of the story for those that have been waiting for your vehicle sitting in the Texas field for months. Demand new tires and a flawless paint job on delivery.

Also posted a photo after 25 hours of paint correction and ceramic coating. Looks great now.
Hard to believe GM would do something like this, I would never have taken delivery so you are a brave soul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094