2022 Infotainment Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2022Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

I took delivery of my 2022 z71 Tahoe today (ordered 12/12/21). For whatever reason, the infotainment system is acting very strange. It does not save my user profiles, radio presets, and much more after shut down. It is acting like it is in some form of demo mode. It does not say "Demo Mode" upon start up or anything, but if I open MyChevrolet in the car it says "Feature not available in demo mode" or if I try to open up the GoogleMaps it says "The feature is not allowed by admin." Does anyone know how I would toggle demo mode? I would like to turn it on then back off. Or maybe just off?

I am missing a good many other features. My home button also does not work, but I think that might be a hardware issue unrelated to this issue, but I hope that it resolves as well. Any advice on what to do? I called and got the car set up with OnStar which did not resolve anything.

I have looked online and there does not seem to be much out there. I called two dealerships (my local one and the one I purchased it from) and they were unable to help as the system is new to them, but they are looking into it. I am afraid it is a chip issue

KaseyB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope it's not a chip issue for your sake! Have you confirmed they took it out of transport mode?

OP
OP

2022Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its a chip issue! Going back on Tuesday to drop it off. Not a great start I’m worried a lot of these new cars will have issues due to supply chain issues

golf_guy16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its a chip issue! Going back on Tuesday to drop it off. Not a great start I’m worried a lot of these new cars will have issues due to supply chain issues
Any update on this? I recently took possession of an slt and have the same issue with the infotainment system. I was told to wait while gm attempts to identify a fix.

OP
OP

2022Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any update on this? I recently took possession of an slt and have the same issue with the infotainment system. I was told to wait while gm attempts to identify a fix.
Hi, I took it back to the dealership and they kept it for about a day. I think they replaced a few modules and it all works now. I’m glad it was nothing incredibly serious, but also has me a bit worried about the future with this car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh