2022 Infotainment Favorites Moving Positions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was at dealer yesterday and they updated my infotainment to W163 firmware per 22-NA-113. Will keep you posted on any noticeable bug fixes. The one I have noticed already is the temporary 2-3s cutout of the audio about 30s after starting the vehicle. Hoping this new FW keeps the offline maps around too.
Just a heads up, my service writer just pulled up a bulletin for W164 and I scheduled an appointment for middle of next week to get it installed. For at least 5 minutes he was adamant that GM doesn’t allow the dealers to install software on the 22s and it had to come OTA. I pestered him a few times while I was trying to search for the other bulletin for W162 that you posted but then he found the new update was available. He was also shocked about the BCM update being available a few months ago when I handed them that bulletin.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, my service writer just pulled up a bulletin for W164 and I scheduled an appointment for middle of next week to get it installed. For at least 5 minutes he was adamant that GM doesn’t allow the dealers to install software on the 22s and it had to come OTA. I pestered him a few times while I was trying to search for the other bulletin for W162 that you posted but then he found the new update was available. He was also shocked about the BCM update being available a few months ago when I handed them that bulletin.
Well, with all due respect, they likely haven't sold a ton of these yet...since supply is so constrained.

I will look for the W164 info...haven't seen that one yet. If you have a Bulletin Number, I would appreciate it...am due for an oil change soon, may have them update me again.

22-NA-118 was the one for W163

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, with all due respect, they likely haven't sold a ton of these yet...since supply is so constrained.

I will look for the W164 info...haven't seen that one yet. If you have a Bulletin Number, I would appreciate it...am due for an oil change soon, may have them update me again.

22-NA-118 was the one for W163
Nope, he didn't give me a bulletin number. He was just looking around his system and said "found it! W165 software download, says 6/10ths of an hour of service"

The dealership is a decent size and has had a bunch of 22's (Eskys, Tahoe, Yukon) go through it in the past 7-8 months. I can't tell if the service department/writers are caught up or in the know about some of this stuff. Once I head back there next week I'll see if he can tell me if theres a bulletin number attached and if he can print it out for me to have.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just got done at dealer. Apparently service writer misspoke and it’s W164

22-NA-142

One thing I noticed right away is the google icons are monochrome! I love it. It matches the rest of the ui. Security patch up to March ‘22 as well.

It’s funny, this week my radio stations started jumping around while I was listening. Never had that before, let’s see how this new firmware works out.

Attachments

• 9E4A2CF9-FBF6-4330-B48B-7916C10B5866.jpeg
    9E4A2CF9-FBF6-4330-B48B-7916C10B5866.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 719038B5-2DAA-49DE-8AD2-2ADE45BA423F.jpeg
    719038B5-2DAA-49DE-8AD2-2ADE45BA423F.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 15

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

22-NA-142

One thing I noticed right away is the google icons are monochrome! I love it. It matches the rest of the ui. Security patch up to March ‘22 as well.

It’s funny, this week my radio stations started jumping around while I was listening. Never had that before, let’s see how this new firmware works out.
Oh, that's interesting the icons are Monochrome...agree, kind of like it...bet Google doesn't though ;)

ScottPSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

22-NA-142

Finally took mine in last week for this issue (and 7500 mile service). Was told I was on the latest build but based on your always helpful info, I’m not. I’m still on W162. Back to the dealer I go. They also found my steering wheel noise issues (loose shroud) but created some new noises. Time for a mulligan.

Any issues with the W163 or W164 build that anyone has had yet?

Rydogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just found this thread and wanted to say that my icons are moving around, the cut out noise after 30 seconds, and yesterday I went to add a preset to the radio where it said "HOLD TO SET" and I was just adding 1 and it wiped out all of my Sirius XM presets. The FM presets remained. I had to re-program all of the sirius XM options this morning.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a bulletin out for W165.

Here are the Noted Improvements:
- ‘Sirius XM (SXM) loading’ displays on screen until channel change
- SXM audio muted upon returning to radio from Android Auto
- SXM on demand channels/IP do not work for out of data scenario
- Inactive SXM favorites when clicked show no 'Favorite Unavailable' popup and improvements for saving presets
- Audio source menu is selected on Audio app but it jumps to map screen/home screen
- Phone Pairing Improvements
- Audio returned to CarPlay ~2 seconds after Google Assistant command to SXM
- “Start Your Vehicle” message pops up intermittently
- App Tray Icon color change to monochromatic appearance

Rydogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that every time that I get a text message it takes me to the map screen for some unknown reason. Very strange.

So do we have to make an appointment to have this update done at Chevy Dealership? My wife's car is an Explorer and I am able to do her updates at home for the navigation/Sync system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33