2022 high country suburban order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

race14race

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

First post here. We are trying to order a 22 suburban high country duramax. Going with a large volume dealer in my area. Supposedly will get MSRP+ any discounts At delivery. Haven’t broached supplier pricing yet. I have bought a few vehicles there. Hopefully it gets picked up soon.

I initially had RSE selected, but with the negative reviews and my kids at 0 and 2, I think iPads will work better. So removing that.

I see there are constraints on the power console, I was 50/50 on that anyways. Any one with experience have opinions? I know the storage is reduced with sliding. Maybe w/o power sliding the dometic cooler will fit Once it comes available.

My question is on the illumination package? Guess it is not available.. do we think you can order the backlighted sill plates in accessories when available? That’s one of my favorite features on my Silverado. Also about the $100 rear automatic breaking? Do we know how this works? Will it slam on the brakes when backing out of my garage or in ice when the sensor “sees” something? Trying to determine if I should get that feature.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on rear braking but I know for a fact my '21 "sees" everything when pulling out of the garage and I have the seat vibrating and warnings on the dash galore. It's really annoying. There's a flower pot on each side of the garage door and a small pumphouse outside the garage that you couldn't run into unless you really tried

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find the power counsel is handy. Illumation package is cool but can be added later. I haven’t had the rear emergency brake kick in so I’m not sure how it works. I know if I have the trash cans out it picks them up but only as a warning.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The power console is nice for 2nd row riders when it is in the rearward position. Drinks and controls are well within reach. With your children's ages that may not matter. The 'hidden' drawer is also nice but the console doesnt move all that quickly so it isnt something i use for a wallet or phone on every trip.

Drawbacks are the reduced capacity and i think you also lose power ports --- not sure why there arent any in a powered console.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got our 21 Tahoe premier may of 21, used the power slide consule when we got it to see if wife’s purse would fit. Havnt used it since lol and that was something she had to have

Ketzer

Reaction score
It's a little frustrating that you can't choose a regular console when selecting the the packages, but I guess that is the point of grouping them in a package... to get the discounted price.
Having to go in and select each option individually just to avoid a single option (that is on contstraint anyway), frustrating.

Jeff-

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was seeing some Denali’s with $350 credit for missing the sliding consule.

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We've had our 22 highcountry Tahoe for a month now. The sliding console is never used....I played around with it, but that's about all. The rear emergency braking...it's never kicked in. I guess I need figure out a way to test it lol. As for the RSE it's hard to beat tablets...even if you have to buy an aftermarket mounting kit.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never experienced the Auto Rear breaking, but it sure does see everything and is always buzzing my seat.

As for the power sliding console, I messed with it a few times at first and then it broke, so once it got fixed, we have not touched it since.

As for the RSE, I suggest iPads or the like, as they are cheaper and more usable.

colinel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

First post here. We are trying to order a 22 suburban high country duramax. Going with a large volume dealer in my area. Supposedly will get MSRP+ any discounts At delivery. Haven’t broached supplier pricing yet. I have bought a few vehicles there. Hopefully it gets picked up soon.

I initially had RSE selected, but with the negative reviews and my kids at 0 and 2, I think iPads will work better. So removing that.

I see there are constraints on the power console, I was 50/50 on that anyways. Any one with experience have opinions? I know the storage is reduced with sliding. Maybe w/o power sliding the dometic cooler will fit Once it comes available.

My question is on the illumination package? Guess it is not available.. do we think you can order the backlighted sill plates in accessories when available? That’s one of my favorite features on my Silverado. Also about the $100 rear automatic breaking? Do we know how this works? Will it slam on the brakes when backing out of my garage or in ice when the sensor “sees” something? Trying to determine if I should get that feature.
For what it’s worth: had a 21 Tahoe with sliding console and it broke. New Duramax diesel burban doesn’t have it and I’m glad it doesn’t. One less thing that can have an issue in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf