2022 F-250/Off topic odometer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is off topic and long but there’s so many knowledgeable people on here I figure I’ll ask. My bro-in-law got a 2022 f-250 in April. His odometer is already reading over 18,000 miles! But his trip meter is just over 8,000 miles. There’s no way he has driven 18,000 miles. He took it to Ford dealer and they couldn’t find anything, they said his trip starts over at 10,000 miles which I believe is wrong but lines up with mileage on odometer and would make sense but again it’s impossible he has driven that many miles so far. He’s taking it to another dealer and most likely get a Ford engineer involved. Anyone ever seen something similar? And when does trip mileage start over? Our 2021 Tahoe is at 18,300 miles on trip 1. So atleast Chevy goes past 10,000 for sure.

Last edited:

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they can get hrs on motor off ecm which should tell if that matches miles.

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They Found 439 hours which factors out to the mileage. There’s something wrong with the ecm on truck

DurtyKurty

Reaction score
My Super Duty trip meters reset at 10k...hes got 18k on the truck, sorry. I kept trip 2 as my lifetime fuel economy meter and it would roll back to zero every 10k miles but would continue to track the lifetime economy.

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Super Duty trip meters reset at 10k...hes got 18k on the truck, sorry. I kept trip 2 as my lifetime fuel economy meter and it would roll back to zero every 10k miles but would continue to track the lifetime economy.
Interesting, ok I’ll pass along the info. Thanks.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does he charge all his gas? Check the gas receipts and do some computing. Won't help in the argument with Ford but he might realize how much he/they have been running that machine.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd perform my own little basic test...go somewhere where there isn't much traffic (out in the country)...come to a complete stop on a 5-10 mile road and reset the trip...do it at a location where you could do it in another vehicle as well (be able to stop the other vehicle in the exact same spot)...check where you are at different landmarks and then compare the mileage between the truck and another vehicle.

also - how many miles does he think it should have on it? is it off by a 1-2k or 6-8k?

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd perform my own little basic test...go somewhere where there isn't much traffic (out in the country)...come to a complete stop on a 5-10 mile road and reset the trip...do it at a location where you could do it in another vehicle as well (be able to stop the other vehicle in the exact same spot)...check where you are at different landmarks and then compare the mileage between the truck and another vehicle.

also - how many miles does he think it should have on it? is it off by a 1-2k or 6-8k?
We do live in the country so maybe I’ll have him do a mileage test today. He’s thinking it’s off by like 10k miles, he said he’s never reset his trip which is at 8k but his odometer is 18k, but trip resets at 10k so....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic