2022 Denali day time running lights reversed…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barnum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I traded in my 2018 Denali and picked up a 2022 Diesel yesterday. My auto function on my lights keep my headlights on all day and my DRL come on at dusk with no head lights. I have to manually turn my lights on at night because the sensor seems to be reversed. I am familiar with the trucks, this my my 3rd one. The light sensor on the dash is not obstructed. Also the little white box that is supposed to show the posted speed limit has not in 300 miles including major streets and interstate shown a speed limit. Any ideas on this too. I read the manual before posting and I did run it by the dealer about the lights, they are going to take it in on Monday to take a look.. They confirmed my story but hadn’t heard of this happening before.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few people having issues with the auto headlights coming on in bright sunlight, you'll probably need to take it to the dealer.

As far as the speed limit feature, it seems to be connected to the Google OS running the infotainment on the new trucks, and seems to work best when you're signed into an account and have automatic downloading of map data turned on, but is still buggy.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
There’s a whole thread about the headlights issue (liked above). You need to take it in to have the sensor replaced.

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in my 2018 Dinali and picked up a 2022 Diesel yesterday. My auto function on my lights keep my headlights on all day and my DRL come on at dusk with no head lights. I have to manually turn my lights on at night because the sensor seems to be reversed. I am familiar with the trucks, this my my 3rd one. The light sensor on the dash is not obstructed. Also the little white box that is supposed to show the posted speed limit has not in 300 miles including major streets and interstate shown a speed limit. Any ideas on this too. I read the manual before posting and I did run it by the dealer about the lights, they are going to take it in on Monday to take a look.. They confirmed my story but hadn’t heard of this happening before.
DO not settle for them saying that is how it is supposed to function, that's what I'm dealing with right now with my dealership.

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue on 2022 Yukon SLE, not sure if it did this once I left the car lot, the same day I had the windshield tinted (entirely) so the dealer told me it was because the windshield was tinted. It was set to 40%, I then re-tinted at 70% and the headlights stayed off 'better' during a cloudy day, or evening, but still headlights were on in sunny skies/ bright days. I'd rather not give up the ceramic/slightly dark film heat rejection that was installed. I would just be alright in disabling the sensor so that headlights don't ever come on in 'auto' mode AND only the LED running lights came on. I can always turn headlights on when it gets dark.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue on 2022 Yukon SLE, not sure if it did this once I left the car lot, the same day I had the windshield tinted (entirely) so the dealer told me it was because the windshield was tinted. It was set to 40%, I then re-tinted at 70% and the headlights stayed off 'better' during a cloudy day, or evening, but still headlights were on in sunny skies/ bright days. I'd rather not give up the ceramic/slightly dark film heat rejection that was installed. I would just be alright in disabling the sensor so that headlights don't ever come on in 'auto' mode AND only the LED running lights came on. I can always turn headlights on when it gets dark.

Just take it back to the dealer and show them the TSB and thread about the headlight issue. If they still don't believe you, tell them to replace it and you'll pay for it if it doesn't fix the problem. That will shut them up.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DO not settle for them saying that is how it is supposed to function, that's what I'm dealing with right now with my dealership.

How does that even make sense? Are they not capable of thinking through how/when headlights are needed?

Lemondeanli2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I traded in my 2018 Dinali and picked up a 2022 Diesel yesterday. My auto function on my lights keep my headlights on all day and my DRL come on at dusk with no head lights. I have to manually turn my lights on at night because the sensor seems to be reversed. I am familiar with the trucks, this my my 3rd one. The light sensor on the dash is not obstructed. Also the little white box that is supposed to show the posted speed limit has not in 300 miles including major streets and interstate shown a speed limit. Any ideas on this too. I read the manual before posting and I did run it by the dealer about the lights, they are going to take it in on Monday to take a look.. They confirmed my story but hadn’t heard of this happening before.
Same is happening to mine. I traded my 2021
Yukon Denali for a 2022 Yukon Denali XL. I traded it in because I had numerous problems with the 2021 .
Now the problems are starting with the 2022.
The auto function turns on most of the time when it’s Sunny but when it’s cloudy or dark outside it doesn’t turn on. Also auto stop only works when I have the AC Off .

Did you get the problem resolved ? If yes, What was it ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does that even make sense? Are they not capable of thinking through how/when headlights are needed?
the problem here is once you "modify" the vehicle, they will usually (almost always) blame any issue on the modification, it also makes it hard for them to submit a warranty repair request to GM because they always ask "are there any modifications to the vehicle" and if there is then they reject the warranty claim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts